Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by National Basketball Association
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Off the court, we're also deeply committed to social responsibility. NBA Cares leads the league's involvement in addressing important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Senior Director, General Accounting, the Accountant will be responsible for the controls, bookkeeping, and reconciliation of the fixed assets of the NBA and its subsidiaries; including managing the fixed asset deliverables of the global NBA offices. The person will also assist in the month-end close processes related to the NBA's Media Venture entities.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the SAP fixed assets module; including the timely reconciliation of fixed asset reporting against the general ledger.
- Maintain an accurate fixed assets register of the NBA's capital assets.
- Ensure assets are capitalized in accordance with GAAP and the NBA's fixed assets policy; review register for retirements, transfers and disposals.
- Ensure deployed laptop inventory is recorded timely and accurately in SAP.
- Work with the deployment team to ensure all data is communicated in a timely manner.
- Build and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Liaise with the Financial Planning and Analysis department to review/validate fixed assets data for capital projects and associated depreciation expense by legal entity.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been complete.
- Responsible for preparing and supporting audit work papers for the fixed asset function.
- Work directly with external auditors to clear questions and resolve open issues during the interim and year-end audit process.
- Preparation of multiple monthly bank reconciliations; including investigation and timely resolution of all reconciling items.
- Support the tax department with analysis of fixed assets activity on a fiscal and calendar year-end basis.
- 3 -5 years of accounting or related fixed asset experience required
- Knowledge of capitalization criteria per FASB guidance
- Detail oriented with an ability to multi-task and efficiently handle multiple responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required; Accounting major preferred
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: ERP, Accounting, Bank, Banking, SAP, Technology, Finance
National Basketball Association
National Basketball Association
Buck Global LLC