Accounts Receivable Analyst
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Fanatics, Inc.
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable professional responsible for maintaining the accurate receivable records for the organization.
- Key, balance, and accurately reconcile all incoming on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Key and balance credit card payments and reconciliations.
- Prepare and maintain daily/monthly cash receipts spreadsheet.
- Maintain customer check posting requirements for unique customer specifics.
- Issue credit memos, journal entries, assign general ledger codes and tax refunds as requested.
- Maintain departmental cash application processes and instruction manuals.
- Work directly with Bank (lockbox) to identify and issues with daily transmissions.
- Always meets daily/monthly deadlines for completing the cash application process.
- Works with management to identify any process improvements.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude. Individual must work with all touch points of the business to accomplish common goals, includes credit department associates and external customers.
- Maintain departmental records to supply backup as requested. Works directly with auditors as needed.
- Work with Finance team to assist in any monthly/quarterly/yearly balancing.
- 2+ years of AR and cash application experience with Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of AR and cash application experience with High School Diploma (no college degree)
- Strong Math Skills
- Strong Excel Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Basic Word, Outlook, and other general computer knowledge
- Broad accounting knowledge regarding how cash applications and debit/credit memos affect customers' accounts; ability to book journal entries
- Ability to learn and process data on multiple systems
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for logical thinking, attention to detail, and creative skills in order to help identify opportunities for improvements within the department
- May require overtime during month-end closing and other peak times