Footwear Business Unit Manager
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by New Balance
As an Footwear Business Manager for NB Sport, you will formulate the category goals and strategies and ensure they are followed by your product management team. You will own the overall profitability of your Business Unit, tracking key measures and metrics to improve business results and achieve annual performance objectives.
- Effectively manage cross-functional teams within a matrix environment, taking care to recruit, coach, and develop your direct reports
- Drive the execution of all business plans for the Business Unit participating in OGSP development and monitoring
- Lead the product creation team in evaluating the marketplace, identifying consumer needs, and creating plans to drive product line direction
- Manage the P&L for the business unit at the contribution margin level and identify gaps to maximize its success
- Partner with the Global merchandising team to align the product creation efforts with market opportunities and to deliver commercial and brand goals
- Research market trends to uncover new business/product opportunities
- Develop associates in the SBU and create an environment where they can thrive, instilling motivation in the extended cross-functional team
- B.A. in Marketing or related field; MBA preferred
- 12+ years' experience in line planning, merchandising, and product development
- Proven experience in strategic and business planning as well as managing a budget and financial results
- Strong financial skills and knowledge, including the ability to establish and monitor KBIs
- Significant management and leadership experience
- Ability to develop and maintain high-profile, influential, and collaborative relationships
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Domestic and international travel
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.