Finance Mgr, Categories, Design, Product & Merch.
Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by Nike
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike, Inc.'s business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
You'll be a connected and a collaborative leader on a high performing team. In addition, you'll directly influence at many levels across Nike and be a trusted advisor to Senior Leadership. This role partners with peers in Finance, Human Resources and Strategic Planning within Nike's Global Footwear and Apparel Product Engines, Design, Merchandising and Category organizations to drive cross-functional objectives.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a high potential candidate with strong professional accomplishments to join one of the most iconic and innovative global consumer brands. The role has high exposure across many dimensions of the Nike organization and provides an excellent platform for further professional growth.
As a Finance Manager for Global Product and Categories, key responsibilities include:
- Strategic thought partnership - develop guardrails to drive value while fostering an entrepreneurial environment as it relates to strategic investments
- Lead and execute budget, forecast and action plan development for the division, assuring financial objectives are consistent with the strategic plan
- Oversee a seamless and efficient forecasting process, recommending and executing process improvements as necessary.
- Elevate key strategic priorities and drive business case development and financial modeling to ensure value creation is realized
- Drive cross functional alignment and collaboration - provide visibility & communication with category, product, and global teams; including finance, merchandising, strategic planning, operations, etc.
- Ensure leadership teams are educated on use, interpretation, and implications of financial reports and metrics
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a closely related field
- 6 years of experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, and/or budgeting/forecasting
- MBA in Finance, Economics or a related field is preferred
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational consumer products company is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and build robust financial models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience in effectively working with Management and Cross Functional teams
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint