Direct to Consumer and Mobile Data
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by National Basketball Association
As a global sports and media business, the NBA is so much more. While Basketball Operations runs the league's on-court activities, other departments manage relationships with television and digital media partners, develop marketing partnerships with some of the world's most recognizable companies, oversee the licensing of NBA merchandise, and handle a wide range of responsibilities that drive the NBA's success.
Candidate will be a member of the NBA's global Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team working on NBA League Pass, mobile strategy and partnerships. The primary responsibilities of the position are to drive transactional data collection, strategic analysis across acquisition, engagement & retention. Candidate must thrive in a fast-paced work environment, exhibit problem solving skills with an aptitude for collaboration and communication.
- Become fluent with all areas of NBA's global direct-to-consumer business e.g. Strategy, Product, Pricing, Packaging, Marketing, Financials.
- Liaise and coordinate with NBA technology teams and CDS on long term strategy for collection, tracking, storage and staging of the NBA's direct-to-consumer data sets
- Collaborating with NBA distribution teams and regions on modeling potential and existing partnerships
- Update global projections for subscriber and revenue targets
- Track, report and provide performance insights on key performance indicators (i.e. retention).
- Research and become the "go to" expert on best practices and new data opportunities within the space and implement internally on owned data
- Provide intelligence for evaluating new prospective data vendors and partners
- Communicate effectively to senior stakeholders regarding requests, expectations & overall vision
- Proven track record in managing multiple projects, setting priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources, draw conclusions and act on findings
- Complex and innovative problem-solving, critical and strategic thinking capabilities.
- Be able to articulate business strategy, insights and supporting rationale succinctly and effectively.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams to execute on goals.
- Experience with quantitative analysis and writing code (such as R, SQL or Python, etc.)
- Fluency in Office package. Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Outstanding quantitative, financial, research, modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in interpreting and analyzing complicated, disparate data sets and visualizing findings in a way that conclusions and recommendations can be easily drawn
- 4+ years of experience with data analytics and/or digital media
- Expertise working with large datasets and commonly used statistical packages and data visualization tools (such as Tableau)
- Fluency in data analytics. SQL experience required
- Understanding of subscription business or large-scale video content services
- Understanding of media landscape including key players and trends
- International experience or knowledge preferred
Educational Background Required
- Bachelor's degree, required
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Database, SQL, Quantitative Analyst, Technology, Data
National Basketball Association
Goldman Sachs USA
Rich Brilliant Willing
Goldman Sachs USA