Global Merchandise Planning Mgr Digital Direct
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Converse is the story of a sneaker that started on the court and moved to the stage and street. We're a company ready for change and that's who we hire: the most malleable, the most innovative, and the most creative. Our clothes and sneakers have been worn by rebels, rockers, rappers, artists, thinkers, and individuals. So that's why we hire individuals. So we're speaking the same language.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We've got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That's you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone's bag, on someone's feet. You're a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
As the Manager of Global Merchandise Planning - Digital Direct, you will drive the brand vision through Converse's digital direct platforms partnering with global digital merchants, geography digital planners and analytics teams. In this role you will help to build the global digital planning function to create a consolidated global view of seasonal plans and drive digital planning excellence across our direct platforms. You will work with geography planners to establish clear merchandise seasonal plans that help merchandisers create assortments grounded in profitability and consumer centric offering. You will collaborate with global and geography teams to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns to future financial plans and product opportunities. You will partner with analytics team to recap and analyze the business against financial / seasonal product plans, and forecast in season sales and inventory to help geography and product teams react quickly. This role will include presenting financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive cross geography digital planning consistency, share best practices and develop systems knowledge
- Collaborate with geography partners and merchants to develop strategic seasonal plans grounded in profitability
- Read and react to in season analytics and identify opportunities to adapt current business and inform future assortments, merchandising strategies and strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with analytics to develop and drive merchandising reporting tools
- Build and deliver the Geography Converse Digital consumer led capacity in partnership with Global Digital Merchandising, Geo Digital Merchandising, Geo Planners and Analytics
- Ensure assortments support financial targets in partnership with Merchandising and Analytics
- Deliver and participate in the key corporate gates and gameplan deliverables
- Requires a Bachelor's degree or additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
- At least 8 years retail relevant experience in merchandise planning, company planning, merchandising or allocation
- At least 2 years digital retail experience
- Expert Retail Math skills including intricacies of open to buy and margin management, retail and financial experience, understanding and familiarity of retail and digital KPI's
- Ability to effectively communicate complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with matrix partners
- High proficiency in excel and PowerPoint/Keynote
- High Degree of professionalism
Converse is more than a company; it's a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we're different.