Posted on Nov 22, 2018 by Wilson Sporting Goods Co.
Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that's why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference -and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You'll Do
We are currently seeking a Drupal Developer to support our portfolio of US-based sports brands (wilson.com, louisvilleslugger.com, demarini.com, evoshield.com, atecsports.com, luxilon.com). As a member of our expanding E-Commerce and Digital Marketing team, this position will be based in the heart of downtown Chicago at Wilson's Global Headquarters. The Drupal Developer will play an integral role in the advancement of E-Commerce and Digital Marketing initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and supporting CMS development for Wilson brand websites
- Actively participating in the conception of technical solutions for e-commerce and marketing initiatives
- Improving and maintaining Drupal integrations with our e-Commerce platform (Magento)
- Guiding and integrating external and internal code developments from our global development teams
- Documenting and sharing development evolutions with leaders across our portfolio of sports brands
- Delivering timely and technically sound feature and UI enhancements to all brand websites
- Being a trusted authority on (and ensuring compliance with) IT development best practices
- Maintaining scalability of technical platforms in a challenging environment which includes multi-brand organizations that interface to many systems, often in different geographical areas/time zones
What We're Looking For
This role requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 3 years of strong experience in Information Technology with a focus on content management systems.
Other qualifications include:
- Experience with web application development on the Drupal platform
- Experience working with e-commerce websites
- Professional experience in an Agile and DevOps context
- Professional experience required in an international context
- Prior experience with both backend development and theming of Drupal 7 websites
- Consistently high level of professional commitment to meeting and exceeding expectations
- Experience designing highly scalable systems
- Ability to facilitate effective collaboration with internal/external development partners
- Comfortable with a matrix organization
- Possesses excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work with a team
- Organizational skills and foresight to work autonomously when necessary
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative office environment
What We'll Provide
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Pre-tax transit discounts
- 401k with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Volunteering programs
- Team building outings
- Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
- Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
- On-site health club
- Summer hours
- Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
- Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.