Tableau Platform Eng Technology
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
This is an engineering role with primary accountability for supporting the Tableau / Data Visualization product platform for the Enterprise Platforms team. This role will work closely with the other platform engineers, the operations team(s), the vendor, the product teams, and others to ensure the enterprise is provided with a stable, secure, flexible, high-performance environment that supports BI, analytics, dashboarding, reporting, and visualization needs.
- Working with existing platform engineers and support teams to maintain the Tableau platform; installation, configuration, administration, patches, server job scheduling, etc
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot all aspects of Tableau environment which includes data, application, and web tiers in AWS.
- Plan and execute upgrade and migration of Tableau environments as new versions, fix packs, bug fixes are released - during scheduled and unscheduled outages.
- Lead root cause analysis efforts for operational Tableau issues; resolve them independently or with other members within the platform team.
- Own the relationship with the production support team, on and offshore, to ensure Tableau has 24/7 L1 support; create documentation and runbooks for operational tasks.
- Set up monitoring and alerting and other tools on the Tableau server
- Manage ticket creation process with Tableau and other vendors; provide regular communication on status and help drive issues to completion
- Manage and execute all ongoing platform improvement efforts: selecting, installing, configuring, making best use of a performance management tool; authoring and executing an ongoing plan to optimize performance / response times against cost (and other factors)
- Assisting with Product/Program team efforts to provide a high-value, efficient, positive customer on-boarding experience.
- Work directly with Tableau customer/site admin teams to coordinate planning and execution of platform activities.
What we're looking for:
- 8+ Years supporting or managing enterprise platforms and applications
- 4+ Years supporting or managing BI applications
- 2+ Years with Tableau
- 1+ Years experience supporting applications in a cloud environment
- 1+ years supporting a community of at least 20 developers and users
- Expertise in the design, platform support, and development of large scale integrated enterprise wide data warehouse, Cognos TM1, Planning Analytics, BI solutions
- Experience in Configuring and Troubleshooting monitoring and alerting tools
- Linux experience would be ideal
- Experience doing platform upgrades, patching, bug fixes