Club Manager - Wilmington
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Planet Fitness
TheClub Managerwill be responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional "Judgement Free" member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Club Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in employee training and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Continued training of staff in all sales areas including info calls, touring and rate presentation.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Managing all day-to-day operations.
- Enforcing all PF policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership within a team to set achieve club goals.
- Determining and improving weak areas of the club.
- Driving and growing club sales using sales skills and training.
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee payroll.
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Following up with and holding all staff members accountable.
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility including taking responsibility for largest section of cleaning daily.
- Cleaning all assigned areas of the club including creating a priority cleaning list.
- Delegating cleaning and other assignments to all staff members.
- Ensuring club is more than ready for monthly club inspections.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in a timely manner.
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Prepare deposits for Monday deposit pick up.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Franchise Payroll Team.
- Track club and employee statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Running and evaluating all reports and statistics.
- Working within budget for payroll, inventory and all club supplies.
- Ordering all supplies and controlling inventory levels.
- Keep tour % at or above 70%.
- Keep % at or above 60%.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ensure nightly closing paperwork is correct and sending it to the Franchise Team.
- Hours: Monday - Tuesday - 9am - 7pm. Wednesday - Friday - 9am - 5pm.
- Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionallylift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Panera Bread (PR Management Corp)