Mgr, Database Marketing & Analytics
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by AEG
AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company, with offices on five continents. The company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
STAPLES Center has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises - the NBA's Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL's Los Angeles Kings and the most recent 2016 WNBA Champions Los Angeles Sparks - STAPLES Center has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004 & 2011 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 17 of the last 18 GRAMMY Awards shows. STAPLES Center's sixteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Prince U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Sade and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena's reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none. Staples, Inc. entered into a 20-year agreement to become the arena's Naming Rights Partner December 1, 1998, which has since been extended into perpetuity.
The Manager, Database Marketing & Analytics is responsible for the management of STAPLES Center's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for Premium Seating. Primary responsibilities include conducting advanced level data analysis and providing recommendations on sales initiatives to enhance business strategy.
Key Job Factors:
- Level of accountability: Customarily & regularly exercises discretion & independent judgement
- Level of decision making: Diversified tasks
- Has contact with: Multiple departments (Internal)
- Physical Requirements: Light, occasional physical effort
- Travel: Not Applicable
- Manage and maintain email marketing data including integration with CRM, increasing list quantities, managing unsubscribes, along with sustaining data integrity
- Monitor and resolve data quality issues (e.g. potential duplicates, conflicting or missing data, merging records).
- Coordinate key functions of the CRM system, including execution of campaigns, data collection and maintenance, and reporting for use by multiple stakeholders.
- Perform database maintenance duties within Microsoft Dynamic such as contact information updates and revenue updates.
- Develop and enhance CRM processes by making recommendations on best practices, holding user groups for ongoing feedback, and researching other sports teams on ways to improve sales and service support.
- Work with the Assist Director to extract, analyze, and present data so that areas for opportunity are identified to improve the effectiveness of the sales and service process
- Develop reports and dashboards to measure the success of CRM campaigns and other projects
- Perform database segmentation, generating target groups and prospect lists for various stakeholders
- Design and execute surveys and research projects for internal stakeholders
- Support ad-hoc requests for data, reports and analysis
- Compile data analysis and reports tracking email campaigns including trends, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, click activity and more
- Participate in special projects or other related duties as requested
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Marketing, Business, Economics, Computer Science or a related area.
- A minimum of 4 - 6 years of related work experience
- CRM experience required
- Must have strong technical and analytical skills with competencies in creating, developing, and implementing workflows and processes, as well as providing end user support.
- Demonstrated experience work with, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel) and ability to learn required business systems
- Previous research experience an asset
- An analytical and conceptual thinker, detailed and results oriented
- Ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully work in a team and with stakeholders across an organization
- Comfortable and capable of delivering under tight deadlines, utilizing time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to meet competing and shifting demands within a fast-paced environment
- A positive, winning approach, incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
- Must be able to work a non-traditional work schedule such as nights, weekends, holidays.
- Background with Value Added Reseller KORE preferred - specifically, knowledge of Sponsorship and Suite Module
- Microsoft Dynamics experience is preferred
- HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience with email service providers, Yesmail or Extact Target a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)