Finance Manager Footwear
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Finance, Strategic Planning and Procurement teams play a key role in fueling the growth of Nike, Inc. Finance identifies opportunities and catalyzes action to drive value for every Nike shareholder. Strategic Planning helps write the future of the business by charting Nike's path forward. Nike Procurement maximizes the value of the company's investments in external resources and secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, the teams' unwavering commitment to excellence keeps the company one step ahead of the competition.
As our Finance Manager, you'll participate in functional discussions and initiatives across departments and provide input into business unit planning. You'll develop internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and improve business unit responsiveness; prepare and distributes timely and insightful financial analysis of pertinent information to determine progress against strategic plan, budget, forecast, and to support external financial decisions. You'll actively interpret and review financial results with business managers, including trends/issues and opportunities, to drive actionable responses.
You'll perform analysis that aids in the decision making process and helps improve profitability as well as on new business opportunities, which include scenario and investment analysis. You'll monitor monthly progress against budgets/targets and work with managers to ensure accountability; monitor that working capital is efficiently and effectively being used. You'll develop and monitor metrics focused on P&L, balance sheet, and free cash flow. You'll participate in the strategic and business planning process from a financial perspective; generate budgets that incorporate strategic business plan objectives and incorporate appropriate assumptions. You'll execute the monthly forecasting process for assigned division, category, gender group, or cost center. In addition, you'll do all this together with a senior financial analyst reporting to you.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or a related field
- 2 years' additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- MBA, CPA or CMA is strongly preferred
- Advanced level degree or accounting certification may be considered in lieu of 1 year experience
- 6+ years' experience in financial reporting, financial planning, strategic planning and annual budgeting
- Experience in a Fortune 500 consumer products or other multi-national firm is preferred
- Attention to detail in the development of management quality reporting and analytics for executive-level personnel
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large organization
- Proven strong financial analysis skills; technical corporate finance, accounting, and valuation skills
- Superior written and oral presentation skills; ability to communicate and present to senior management (PowerPoint proficient)
- Strong proficiency with financial analysis tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Experience with SAP (COPA, BW, ECCS) is preferred
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Attention to detail in the development of management quality reporting and analytics for senior management
- Experience in investment banking, management consulting, or financial planning and analysis at a large corporation is a plus
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check