Demand Planning Mgr, Special Categories America
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
At Nike, we serve athletes. Fueled by the insights of the world's best, we design and create products to elevate human potential on a global scale. And it's on us, the Global Operations Team (GOT), to help bring this mission to life.
We are a diverse lineup of thousands spread across the globe. Together, we are building a smarter, more connected and automated value chain. And we are looking for world-class talent like you to contribute to this journey.
As the Demand Planning Manager for North America Specialty categories, within Demand Supply Management (DSM), you will be leading the partnership with Merchandising, Sales and Retail planning teams to drive a holistic marketplace and consumer demand forecast. You will lead a team of planners to determine forecasts based on marketplace capacity, innovation roadmap, merchandising assortment plans, statistical forecasting inputs, and historical trends with inventory and profitability goals in mind. Also you will lead the seamless transition of channel plans (wholesale and direct) to category demand plans.
Your team will utilize a variety of forecasting techniques to analyze market and product trends to develop long range and seasonal demand plans. In partnership with the planners, you will be responsible for analyzing risks and opportunities in the Category Demand Plan across platforms, classifications, gender globally.
You will represent DSM (including Demand/Supply match conversations) within the Specialty Category leadership teams and at key Consumer Code gates throughout each season.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Minimum of 7 year's work experience in forecasting, retail planning and buying, financial forecasting, demand planning or closely related field.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills (written and verbal), including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Strong MS Excel fundamentals required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in a retail or wholesale apparel, footwear or consumer goods organization is preferred
- Experience with advanced planning systems is a plus