Software Eng III (Database Developer - Data & BI)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by National Football League
The NFL is looking for strong Database developer with football knowledge to join an innovative team of Data engineers and database architects. The team is responsible for timely delivery of data services and reporting solutions for football technologies at the NFL. We work closely with multiple NFL departments to design and develop our data warehouse systems and to build reports/dashboard to satisfy our ever growing customer needs.
We are looking for motivated engineers interested in working on a focused team to deliver successful solutions that impact a number of core NFL functions. You will have a strong technical background with experience in development of high performance data solutions. The successful candidate will be someone who is a self-starter with ownership attitude and a good communicator that is able to work within a team that delivers cutting edge solutions on tight deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in innovating with new data solutions and become an expert in the domain.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple concurrent projects of varying priorities and shift focus from one project to another with minimal loss of productivity or quality.
- Basic understanding of administration of SQL Server.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Protects intellectual property & operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Provide technical support to various activities and internal infrastructure within the company.
- Work with business implementation leads to identify workflows, protocols, information gathering for new solutions.
- Participate and work with Business Analysts in the analysis and development of business requirements.
- Contribute to the development of QA Functional Test Scripts and Performance Test Plans.
- Willing to travel for offsite meetings and support at NFL games.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field with strong technical background.
- Knowledge of American Football (required).
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience with developing SQL Server applications and optimization including DDL, DML, stored procedures, triggers and performance tuning preferred.
- Proficient in identifying project needs, estimating and prioritizing tasks, setting intermediate goals and milestones to accomplish the final outcome.
- Demonstrated experience in developing SQL Server Databases, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and supporting Data Warehouses and Application Databases.
- Demonstrate experience in performance and tuning of stored procedures.
- A strong awareness of industry best practices related to Business Intelligence and data management. Experience adhering to usability, design, and development standards.
- Understanding of various schemas and their pros/cons: star schema, snowflake schema, 3rd normal form, etc.
- The ability to function as a team player and lead developers in projects.
- Work with various teams building reports/dashboard and ETL for various Data warehouse projects.
- Minimum of 5+ years of relational database experience within a multi-tiered environment; including use of database performance and monitoring tools preferred.
- Minimum 3+ year experience working with Excel Services and SharePoint
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience of Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies as SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Good data modeling concepts in analytics, and predictive analytics include R and Python would be a plus.
- Minimum of 1+ years in JSON and XML as source for ETL
- Exposure to database visualization tools like Qliksense or Tableau. Experience using and building reports and dashboards.
- Knowledge of Big Data a plus.
- Experience with Cloud-based environments such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS.
- Microsoft Certified Specialist Certification preferred.