Sr. Marketing Dir, Global Brand Events
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
Nike's Global Consumer Experience Events team is a dynamic and innovative marketing function, charged with delivering premier experiences for our consumers and athletes around the world. Continually balancing art and science, the event team crafts premium journeys that seamlessly bring our brand and products to life. Through innovation and industry collaboration you will inspire a community of creative excellence, shaping the future of live experiences.
Overseeing the function, you will have a deep knowledge of the event industry and possess the creative vision to lead the team to deliver outstanding results and set the strategic direction. With a focus on 'service' you will craft journeys that exceed expectations every time though seasonal & year round engagement. In this role you will design and deliver operational excellence at the biggest sport and brand moments around the world aligning the success of the function with the needs of our category business.
- Oversee the Global Consumer Experience Event team as part of the Category Marketing team
- Motivate and inspire a functional team to innovate, take risks and create stand out moments for our brand & our business
- Develop dynamic and purposeful strategies to continually evolve the working practice of the function in line with corporate goals and expectations
- Define engagement methodologies with all business partners, agencies and suppliers worldwide
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in marketing, events, or related discipline
- 10-15 years of experience in consumer / live events
- 5-7 years of experience overseeing direct reports
- Experience leading complex operational teams with particular skills of cross functional alignment and collaboration
- Deep understanding of the evolving consumer landscape and how live engagement forms a critical part of the marketing mix
- Insight to emerging trends in experiential marketing, with particular knowledge for the merging to the digital and physical environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate plans across a complex matrix on a corporate, regional and functional basis, including presenting before audiences of various sizes and culture
- Ability to manage many ongoing projects with multiple business stakeholders to firm deadlines
- Outstanding industry relationships and business networks