Tennis Operations Staff - Lakeville
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Life Time Fitness
Member of the Tennis Operations Team which is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and operation of the Tennis Facility and Courts. Responsible for completing daily tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains tennis facility and court cleanliness and safety by performing daily maintenance tasks
- Performs tasks in assigned rotation schedules, including light and heavy cleaning
- Empties garbage receptacles
- Ensures courts are clean of debris and blows them clear as necessary
- Refills water and ice coolers and transports to tennis courts
- Secures windscreens on the courts when needed
- Performs basic court maintenance as needed
- Ensures projects and tasks do not interfere with members' use of the facility
- Continually uses the \"five-sense\" model throughout the facility
Sales & Promotion
- Responds to member inquiries regarding Life Time Fitness products, services, policies and procedures
- Promotes all Life Time Fitness programs, products, and services
Financial & Budgetary
- Ensures the usage of consumables, cleaning products, and chemicals follow the amount prearranged by the department budget
Managerial & Supervisory
- Adheres to safety, security, and OSHA standards and requirements
- Adheres to department rules and regulations
- Attends department, and \"all club\" meetings
Responsibilities of All Positions
- Supports and articulate the Life Time Fitness mission statement
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Ensures cleanliness of the club using all 5 senses:
- Sight to ensure club is neat and orderly
- Sound to ensure music/sound levels are appropriate
- Touch to ensure floors, countertops, etc are clean and dry
- Taste to ensure food & beverages in the café are up-to-standards
- Smell to ensure the club is fresh and odor free
- Demonstrates positive attitude and actions through a display of courtesy, service, cooperation, hospitality, sensitivity, and professionalism to internal and external customers.
- Complies with all company safety rules
- Uses all required safety devices and personal protection equipment
- Reports accidents and injuries to supervisor as soon as possible
- Notifies department head of any unsafe acts or conditions as soon as possible
- Participates in safety training and safety inspections
- Suggests methods of preventing hazards to safety committee
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Six-months to one-year customer service experience
Licenses / Certifications / Registrations:
- CPR/AED certification required within the first 30 days of hire
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Awareness of potential injuries and ability to handle emergencies
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to operate simple machinery and tools
Language Ability-Intermediate- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills-Intermediate- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability-Intermediate Skills- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to climb ladders up to 10 feet tall. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position occasionally requires handling hazardous chemicals and disposing of chemical waste.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an athletic club environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high.