Account Trainee, Luxury Automotive, Multicultural
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Octagon
Are you looking to make your mark in a fast-paced, exciting position with the opportunity to become your client's "go to"? Do you enjoy finding creative ways to apply your skills as a marketer? Are you passionate about brands connecting with diverse communities?
This is a position within the Octagon Marketing Trainee Program. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the experiential activation programs for a luxury automotive client in regards to the client's multicultural/ diversity and inclusion initiatives. This individual will travel to various US cities, assisting with all facets of event planning, onsite execution, and post-event analysis.
The right candidate will be able to work as part of a team and will interface with various internal and external teams and divisions, client partners/vendors, and consumers. Strong team dynamics skills, excellent organizational skills, and strong interpersonal skills are a must. Potential responsibilities include managing administrative documents and helping to create calendars, budgets (Excel), and presentations (PowerPoint). This position requires full time hours; weekend and evening travel/work will be required.
This position offers a unique opportunity to learn account management, client engagement, event planning on-site logistics, and event activation skills. This position will also provide opportunities for the individual to participate in brainstorming sessions and learn valuable research/competitive analysis skills.
We're looking for someone with a can do, roll-up your sleeves attitude, where no task is too big or small, and the desire to jump into a fast-paced, team-centric environment.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Support account team across multiple programs and various initiatives
- Assist in staffing multiple events and assume responsibility for planning as well as event execution (event set-up and breakdown) and post-event analysis
- Implement onsite activation (i.e. registration, signage, test drives, vehicle displays, answer product related questions, etc.)
- Assist with vendor management and property research
- Manage documents such as status reports, tracking documents and meeting notes
- Create recap documents for events including key leanings, strengths, weaknesses and recommendations
- Assist in the research and production of competitive reports of the automotive industry and current trend reports on multicultural marketing
- Participate in brainstorms and creative ideation
- Manage select special projects
- Other duties as assigned
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Degree
- 0-1 year's work or internship experience in events, communications, advertising, or marketing - Previous event marketing experience is a strong plus
- Desire to learn and develop a career in events or experiential marketing
- Knowledge, experience, and interest in multicultural marketing
- Passion for and expertise in entertainment, music, and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- **Bilingual/multilingual skills are a plus
- Capacity to become knowledgeable on our clients' industry, brand, and product offering
- Detail-oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality work within deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to solve problems effectively and independently
- Superior organization, interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written). A writing assignment may be part of the hiring process.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and solve problems independently without manager supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (specifically PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Willingness to travel extensively including weekends and holidays, and work non-traditional work hours
- Valid Driver's License & Clean Driving Record
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
NBC Sports Group
World Wrestling Entertainment