Footwear Technical Designer II
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by New Balance
As a Technical Designer, you will be challenged to apply athlete data to the visualization of design concepts using 3D modeling. Your concepts will be realized through sample creation and product development in conjunction with our Asia-based teams. The role requires project management skills to manage timelines and engineering experience to validate the samples you create.
- Evaluate and measure molded samples to validate that properties and performance are meeting target
- Perform or request the physical testing of engineered components, maintaining product specifications and tech packages
- Engage with WT team and athletes to monitor and evaluate tested samples
- Work with biomechanics lab to transfer data to design
- Keep projects on track by coordinating multiple tasks and monitoring the critical path, communicating progress and problems to appropriate parties
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Design, Architecture or Computer Graphics
- 5+ years' related experience, with 1 year of footwear CAD experience preferred
- Comfortability with a wide range of 3D software packages, such as: Rhino, Modo, Keyshot, Grasshopper, Dynamo, and Solidworks
- Familiarity with one or more text-based scripting languages
- Working knowledge of mold making, materials, and manufacturing processes
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. In addition to a comprehensive traditional benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) we proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks - opportunities like on/offsite seminars, customized team building sessions, tuition reimbursement, and various mentorship programs - that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You'll also enjoy a flexible work schedule, gym discounts, fitness reimbursements, and volunteer opportunities, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword - it's part of our culture.
Learn more about our company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.