Company Technical Designer, Equipment
Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Columbia Sportswear
So if you have a passion for all things active, we might have the right role for you. If you crave adventure, innovation, quality and - best of all - fun, this is where you belong. If you're already reaching for your resume - good. Apply for a career with Columbia Sportswear Company today.
- Responsible for creating the development process and technical aspects of assigned equipment products by collaborating closely with cross functional partners in design and product development to ensure design integrity, quality, color, and target price are met/maintained and that products are developed within established timelines.
- Collaborate with Equipment Designer to procure critical design information related to the technical development requirements of a style or product including; material, trim, color direction and style intent.
- Provide accurate equipment (bags and packs) technical illustrations and construction details. Ensure critical computer data for seasonal styles and the PDM (product data management) process.
- Apply color to technical sketches as directed for seasonal cad books and sales tools. Communicate category related product information to internal departments.
- Participate as a team member in creating, tracking, organizing, and proofing product related information. Keep computer files organized and updated for access by team members.
- Ensure bill of materials, specification, measurements and construction comments are maintained, accurate and communicated to appropriate downstream partners.
- Ensure color details are entered and accurate in PDM system.
- Shepherd prototype creation from initial specification creation through first and second prototype to approval.
- Attend proto review sessions for assigned products to make necessary notations for sketch updates as a result of review sessions.
- Review factory prototypes for accuracy, quality and function. This includes updating tech sketches or detail sketches as needed. Communicate findings to the appropriate persons including, Design/Merchandising, Sourcing and the LO Merchandising team and make necessary notations for sketch updates.
- Partner with cross-functional team on sales sample evaluation.
- Assist in proofing seasonal catalogs for sketch and color accuracy.
- Work with manager and team members to ensure that calendar deadlines are met to reach company goals.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed to assure strong communication on all process and product related issues.
- College degree or equivalent with course work in industrial or product design, manufacturing, or related experience.
- 1 to 3 years work experience in design, product development, or related field OR equivalent work experience in the product industry.
- Experience with outdoor industry preferred.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age