Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Planet Fitness
Due to the fact that this will be a brand new Planet Fitness location, you will be responsible for instilling excitement in both staff members and in the community as preparations are made to open. You will assist in ensuring thestaff feels a sense of opportunity within the company as we expand and grow in order to reach as many lives as possible. Keep in mind, you will have the opportunity to serve a member base filled with excited individuals ready to get started!
- Assist GM in creating staffing schedules with the assurance that all shifts are regularly covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for direct reports by training and coaching staff members to provide exceptional customer service.
- Leading a team through systems and operations to achieve common goals.
- Assist in preparation of all HR related forms in a timely manner.
- Work with GM to resolve employee issues or concerns in a professional manner.
- Assist GM in disciplinary/termination activities.
- Provide backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Uphold the integrity and security of staff files and sensitive company documents.
- Be a brand ambassador by leading a judgment-free lifestyle.
- Must be reachable by phone at all times
- Responsible to assist GM in the training and development of staff to include providing day to day coaching.
- Assist GM in pre-screening, hiring, onboarding and recruiting.
Customer Service/Front Desk Activities:
- Greet members and guests, providing exceptional customer service, making the members feel comfortable and welcomed!
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and professionally assist callers.
- Check members in, give a tour and sign up new members, log amenities and communicate updates and events to members and guests.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Conduct beverage or merchandise purchases on the POS system.
- Exceeding the minimum required daily statistics.
- Ability to assist in emergency medical situations.
- Uphold rules and policies in the facility.
- Utilize POS system to assist with new membership cards, change of address and billing or payment questions.
- Properly submit refunds requests.
- Checking members into fitness classes daily using Datatrak systems.
- Creating new memberships and guest accounts for members.
- Uphold integrity and security with member documents and sensitive information at all times.
Club Cleanliness and Maintenance:
- Keep the front desk area and lobby clean and orderly.
- Regular facility cleaning and upkeep such as mopping up spills under equipment, trash removal, cleaning windows and mirrors, and re-racking weights.
- Regular cleaning of all exercise equipment and tanning beds.
- Ensure restrooms are clean, stocked and clutter free by creating and following routine cleaning schedule.
- Accurate completion of daily and weekly cleaning responsibilities.
- Oversee the safety of employees, members and club. Report repair concerns to Facilities Management in a timely manner.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Oversee the ordering of club supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
- Track Key Performance Indicators such as guest counts, cancels, info calls (weekly, monthly, annually).
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and trained on all marketing promotions.
- Assist in the completion of recorded info call inspections.
- Download the Tape a Call app for phone.
- 1 year of customer service experience is preferred, preferably in the fitness industry.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Current CPR Certification recommended.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft office Suite).
- Superior problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional leadership and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for health and fitness.
- Be a representative of the core values of National Fitness Partners at all times, by upholding the beliefs of Teamwork, Positivity, Integrity, Passion, and Accountability.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, pinching pulling and grasping.
- Must be able to work upwards of 45 hours a week.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift including but not limited to:
- Windex (window cleaner)
- Enviro Care Sanitizer
- Caustic Acid
- (Please ask your manager for the fully extensive list if needed).