Manager It Vendor Management
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
As our Manager of IT Vendor Management, you'll be joining the North America Nike Tech organization. Nike brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer- and customer-oriented team. We deliver one-stop, integrated process and technology solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s businesses and brands worldwide. Our focus is on providing solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer value, and drive profitable business growth.You'll bring a broad experience of successfully creating and delivering value that enables Nike to increase productivity, realize efficiencies and build profitable customer experiences. You'll be joining the Nike Tech North America Organization.
As our Manager of IT Vendor Management, you'll create and align departmental plans and priorities to the organizational strategy while delivering timely value-add solutions to the customers. You'll offer expertise in standardization of service and operations aspects of systems and business processes.Financial management experience is required with an ability to forecast resource needs and budget to overall resource utilization management. Experience managing Sarbanes-Oxley controls and audits are essential. You'll be involved in developing and executing objectives for 3rd party vendor performance reviews. In addition, you'll deliver performance reviews, coach and mentor staff, and provide career mapping employees.
This position has 4-10 direct reports in various locations
- Works with senior management and team to set team goals that align with strategic initiatives
- Motivates and inspires team to execute against strategic initiatives
- Works to align best practices across production support teams
- Works with individual team members to set goals as well as monitor and rate progress using the CFE process
- Serves as an escalation point for complex or impactful production support issues
- Helps define production support processes and ensures that teams are following documented processes to resolve issues.
- Ensures that standards are being defined wherever reasonable to do so.
- Ensures road-mapping documents are up to date
- Helps define reports that track key performance indicators (KPIs). Routinely reviews results and develops action items to improve team performance against KPIs
- Helps with job interviewing using competency based selection with consideration toward team diversity
- Helps with on-boarding, coaching, mentoring and training to ensure that we're building a winning team
- Conducts resource planning, implements stretch assignments and ensures work/life balance by reviewing/approving time cards
- Ensures that senior production support management is always informed of the status of initiatives, impactful issues, team health and needs
- Stays connected with other Solution teams to understand impacts of their changes, align on timing, and ensure adequate support handoff
- Ensures that best practices are in place and that root cause is found wherever possible
- Ensures that After Action Reviews are executed, participates and ensures that action items are executed.
- Works with team on individual development plans and monitors progress against the plan
- Empowers team to make decisions, creates challenges, encourages debate and invests in their individual success
- Acts as a business consultant where needed to resolve issues and provide information to other teams.
- Develops and maintains relationships with operational managers and obtains 360 feedback.
- Conducts 1x1s and skip level meetings on a routine basis.
- Participates in Nike Tech Management meetings
- Helps define budget needs and validates purchasing requests
- Participates in daily operational meetings as appropriate
- Provide feedback for Resource and Talent Planning discussions
- Reviews SOX processes and ensures SOX procedures are followed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IS, Business, or a related field
- At least 6 years' relevant work experience
- Experience working as a Business Operations Analyst/Manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrated by an ability to work well virtually with both on shore and off shore teams
- Ability to travel globally 10% annually
- Ability to pass a 7 year background check