Principal Frontend Software Engineer, Devices
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by MLB Advanced Media
The Web & Media Engineering team at Major League Baseball is searching for new members at our New York, NY office. We are looking for experienced Lead Engineers who are excited to work on the applications and platforms our fans love.
As a Principal Frontend Software Engineer on the Devices team, you will ensure clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, provide code reviews and act as a leading voice for our Web and Media Engineering teams. In this role, you will help drive OTT frontend development for connected devices, with a focus on smart tvs.
- Work closely with technical project managers, product groups, fellow engineers and MLB engineering leadership
- Contribute to a collaborative culture among all team members
- Participate in the full lifecycle of software development (Requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and maintenance).
- Join a world class team that is helping to shape the way fans interact with baseball
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Deep knowledge of various development methodologies
- Experience with one or more advertising networks either within the web, native app, streaming video, or connected devices context
- Experience using version control systems such as Github
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies
- Familiarity with multiple JS frameworks and libraries (e.g. AngularJS, BackboneJS, ReactJS, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of web markup (HTML5 and CSS3)
- Deep knowledge of asynchronous request handling and AJAX
- Exposure to JS module loaders, such as Require.js
- Exposure to build tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- Significant experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories, participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with one or more connected TV devices
- Exposure to ABR video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH)
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!