Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by YMCA
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community.
YMCA of the Triangle Area
The Sports Director will organize and administer sports programs serving the youth of the Chapel Hill - Carrboro YMCA. He/she will be responsible for managing those programs in accordance with the stated mission, goals and policies established by the Board of Directors, governing committees and administrative staff of the YMCA of the Triangle Area.
- Bachelor degree is required
- Three years of sports program experience preferred
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Intermediate Microsoft skills
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates part-time staff.
- Plans, promotes, and executes high-quality sports programs serving the youth of Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and greater Orange County. Ensures quality program delivery to members, participants, staff, and volunteers; with an intentional focus on relationships, engagement and building community within the Sports Departments, branch, and community.
- Plans, promotes and executes high level summer day camp programming for the onsite summer camp at the Chapel Hill - Carrboro YMCA.
- Directly involved in the occasional evening and regular weekend sports rotation (seasonally dependent) to facilitate and supervise practices, coach professional and part-time staff, ensure relational development with parents, audit quality and other critical aspects of the department.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and motivates volunteer coaches of the sports leagues, including active participation in all coaches' meetings, trainings and registrations.
- Coordinates all internal and external communication for the department, including league, practice and game day schedules; as well as reschedules for each league/program. Ensures Welcome Center, sports marketing material and website are current with appropriate information.
- Leads department during annual campaign, developing a team and working with campaign volunteers effectively. Promotes volunteerism in all programs deemed appropriate by the Branch Executive Director.
- Coordinates gym usage for the branches with other YMCA programs and membership.
- Responsible for preparing and implementing the annual budget for the youth sports programs and activities, maintaining all budget expectations.
- Maintains all records of their assigned youth programs that are necessary for operating the department and branch effectively - ensuring all documentation/certificates/licenses/inspections/certifications are current and organized.
- Implements an leads devotions and prayers based on Christian principles for staff and participants.
- Maintains a positive relationship with Chapel Hill - Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill and Carrboro Parks and Recreation, city and town officials and other Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and great Orange County community partners.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Advance our Mission & Cause: Provide visionary leadership tot he organization and to ensure that all resources are mobilized to adapt to new challenges and needs in the community.
Building Relationships: Connect people to the Y's cuase by developing inclusive relationships, partnerships and collaborations so that Ys can co-create solutions to pressing social needs.
Leading Operations: Ensure relevance, effectiveness, and sustainability of the organization so that we can continue to fulfill our promise to the community.
Developing & Inspiring People: Support the holistic development of self and others so that everyone can embrace the Y's cause, sustain the Y's culture, and inspire others to take individual and collective action to futher our impact.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED, Oxygen, Epi-pen, Bloodborne Pathogens, Child Sexual Abuse Prevention, Stewards of Children, CDL
- Valid drivers license
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until