Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by AEG
AEG Presents, the live-entertainment division of Los Angeles-based AEG, is dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance: touring, one-offs, sponsorship, festivals, and special events with seventeen+ regional offices and over thirty-seven-state-of the-art venues. AEG Presents' most recent tour roster includes The Rolling Stones, Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull, and Justin Bieber.
AEG Presents is also the largest producer of music festivals in North America from the critically acclaimed Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival to Stagecoach Country Music Festival and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
AEG Worldwide is the world's leading sports and live entertainment company with operations in the following business segments:
- AEG Facilities, which with its affiliates owns, manages or consults with more than 120 venues
- AEG Presents, which is one of the largest live music companies in the world dedicated to live contemporary music performances, including producing and promoting global and regional concert tours, music events and world-renowned festivals
- AEG Sports, which is the world's largest operator of sports franchises and high-profile sporting events
- AEG Global Partnerships, which supports each of AEG's divisions through worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships including naming rights, premium seating and other strategic partnerships
- AEG Real Estate, which develops major sports and entertainment districts worldwide
With offices on five continents, the company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
The Talent Buyer is responsible for building relationships, identifying talent and confirming profitable shows. This position will create budgets, map scaling for venues and build offers for artists. Additionally, the Talent Buyer will compile all relevant documents and ensure that all shows are settled accurately. They will also work in conjunction with management to identify and build festivals.
- Buy profitable talent by actively reaching out to agents with booking possibilities. Respond to inbound requests from agents and artist management. Follow-up on leads from other talent buyers.
- Negotiate offer details with music agents for artist performances. Gather all relevant information to build offer and present to artist management.
- Oversee the marketing and ticketing of events. Confirm show details and artist requests with marketing and ticketing departments. Ensure that shows go on sale and tickets are being sold.
- Create show or event budgets. Monitor spending and make sure that event stays in budget.
- Travel to cover road shows, events, festivals and seek new clients, projects and partners. Handle the settlement of shows when necessary.
- Work with managers on potential festival projects. Identify potential third party venue and festival sites for events. Assist on festival and concert projects as assigned by manger. Develop creative properties that can be grown into annual events.
- Networking and building relationships with agents, artist management, venue managers and other potential clients. Maintain current client relationships.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year) in Marketing, Public Relations, or a related area
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- General understanding of ticketing systems
- Computer savvy and skilled in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel); knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an outgoing personality with the ability to build and cultivate relationships.
- Exceptional negotiation skills with an ability to analyze complex documents
- Ability to work independently to perform job, as well as in a team environment
- Must have established contacts and relationships in the music industry
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous experience in the music industry with demonstrated ability to assess current music trends
- Previous experience supervisor, leading, and/or mentoring team
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.