VP Of Product, Sports Digital
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by CBS
CBS Sports Digital is seeking a business minded product leader to oversee, manage and grow CBS Sports branded digital businesses and products. The role will be responsible for creating exceptional user experiences to support the brand and achieve business goals. All CBS Sports branded digital products including media sites, apps, and games will be managed by this role. The ideal candidate will be both a prudent manager and an inspiring leader, able to see the "big picture" in a variety of settings. They will have a deep understanding of the digital sports media space, a strong sense of content that engages sports fans, a history of building successful businesses, and an ability to develop high performing teams.
- Develop digital product strategy and roadmaps to drive short-term and long-term audience and revenue growth
- Manage and lead cross functional teams of content creators, developers, designers, and product managers
- Track and deliver on key business goals and financial targets
- Develop a winning culture, capable of consistently creating exceptional user experiences
- Build relationships with internal CBS partners and leadership teams
- Collaborate closely with sales teams to create new revenue opportunities
- Maintain a deep knowledge of and connection within the digital sports media industry
- Understand and advocate for the consumer in all product planning and development
- Innovating and growing CBS Sports' OTT products, including CBSSports HQ and live sports event products.
- Guiding CBSSports.com games strategy and building best-in-class games for fantasy players and gamblers.
- Improving CBSSports.com core media content and data products across desktop and mobile.
- Building personalized experiences for sports fans across CBS Interactive's full suite of sports products.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- 10+ years of experience in digital sports media and product management
- Experience managing P&L's, developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Proven experience leading digital teams in managerial positions
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- MS/MA in business administration or relevant field
You might also have -
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, including marketing, technology, and content
- History building connected television and mobile app products
- Strong understanding of fantasy sports and sports gambling digital products
- Experience working on branding and promotional campaigns around high profile product launches