Jr. Project Manager (Consultant)
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Equinox
Equinox is seeking an enthusiastic and collaborative Jr. Project Manager to join our Data Insights team. The individual will help streamline multiple Agile teams working on modern ELT/ETL processes and cutting-edge Data Visualization tools via management of a portfolio of projects and programs that span the full SDLC. You will primarily work closely with data team leads, developers, QA, and be responsible for overall program delivery. Additionally, you will partner closely with business and IT leaders to plan and track new projects.
Equinox is a high growth company and fosters a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Flexibility, creative thinking, relationship skills and cross-discipline collaboration are essential. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant creative impact for our members and our business through dynamic technologies.
This is a consulting position located onsite at our NYC Corporate Office located in the Murray Hill section of Manhattan and will report into the Project Manager, Data Insights.
- Oversee the project pipeline and help establish requirements for Data team product owners/managers who will implement those projects
- Create JIRA tickets, maintain Kanban/Scrum boards across projects and teams
- Execute team standups, groomings, plannings, and retrospectives; train/coach agile project management capabilities within broader team
- Create and maintain project timelines, roadmaps and resource allocation
- Prepare and communicate project progress/status reports for management review
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Two years' or more of experience in the field of IT project management or related area
- Familiarity and experience with Agile SCRUM/ Kanban software development methodologies
- Scrum or Agile certification preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Experience managing projects with cross-functional teams, including QA, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing enterprise data warehouse projects and/or distributed systems highly preferred
- Strong experience with project management tools like Jira/Confluence is desirable
- Team player a must
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.