Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by AEG
The Marketing and Social Media Manager will focus on the promotion of concerts, sporting events and other events within the venue. This individual will work closely with event promoters to develop and implement creative marketing campaigns that promote public awareness and drive event sales. Responsibilities include: Nurturing key relationships with event promoters and media partners; overseeing the media buying and billing process; venue sponsor prospecting, contract negotiation and fulfillment; establishing local marketing and advertising relationships to form promotional partnership and trade opportunities; developing a sales strategy to sell VIP Memberships and Premium Seating; managing the Marketing/Social Media Assistant and coordinating internally for successful event planning. Additionally, this position will oversee website maintenance, email marketing, social media initiatives and graphic design projects as well as other marketing duties as needed. The incumbent will have a positive can-do attitude, be able to multi-task, and wear many hats.
- Advertising and promotions:
- Ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and reconciliation of comprehensive marketing and promotional plans.
- Negotiate advertising rates and contracts, explore non-traditional media-related sponsorship agreements, and contract successfully for events.
- Create, prepare and implement advertising and promotional plans for booked events in conjunction with tour promoter.
- Negotiate and maintain promotional partnerships with corporate partners and media representatives.
- Plan and negotiate all paid TV, radio, print and outdoor advertising for various marketing campaigns.
- Develop and oversee grassroots programs and collateral created, including fliers, newsletters, websites, posters, postcards etc.
- Facility Marketing
- Manage event settlement packets, including collecting invoices, coding and creating a back-up packet.
- Track, analyze and compare event sales information.
- Communicate daily with media partners, promoters and entertainment agencies to maintain cooperative, positive relationships.
- External Marketing
- Seek out new venue sponsorship opportunities. Negotiate, execute and implement sponsor contracts and serve as the point person for sponsors.
- Manage all sponsor signage approvals, quotes and installations.
- Develop pitch and implement third party promotional (non-cash) partnership programs to create added exposure for events and to enhance ticket sales.
- Generate new marketing leads, negotiate agreements and activate trades to reduce departmental spending and to help offset budgeted line items.
- Lead internal and external venue communications initiatives.
- Social Media
- Oversee and direct content updates on venue and ticketing website.
- Oversee social media messaging and social ad buys.
- Create and manage email and e-newsletter marketing plan.
- Assist tour promoters with creating promotional pieces and ensure event and sponsor artwork is up to date on all venue assets
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Marketing (preferred), Business or related
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of marketing, media buying, promotions, sponsorship management, public relations, website and social network maintenance
- Managerial experience with ability to lead and represent the Marketing Department
- Creative thinking, strong initiative, and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Self- starter, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Power Point, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, and web research strategies.
- Proficient in social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Life Time Fitness
Trek Bicycle Corporation
Pga Tour Superstore
Sports Endeavors, Inc.