Lead, Global Marketing Analysis
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Under Armour
The Manager, Global MarketingAnalysis will work on a team of change agents striving to evolve and create new ways of executing marketing at Under Armour. The Global Marketing Innovation team is a cross-functional team responsible for building an always on test and learn program that evolves learnings into business decisions. Currently the team is focused on executing tests across marketing and personalization with specific focus on 4 topical areas- audience, measurement, media and creative.
The Manager will be responsible for developing, analyzing and validating testing measurement methodologies across marketing and personalization.This role is also responsible for providing optimization recommendations across dimensions such as campaigns and media budgets.
What will you do?
- Lead the development, design and execution of measurement methodologies across all marketing functions, including (but not limited to) Paid Channels, Events, Organic Media, Sports Marketing assets, Owned Channels
- Deploy tests and provide backend analysis and recommendations that help drive business decisions
- Have a deep understanding of in-platform measurement capabilities with the objective of determining what approach will help us get at answers.
- Lead the feedback loop from decision process so we can understand what worked and failed (post-mortems)
What do you need?
GET IT DONE - ACCOUNTABILITYTakes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions, and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role.
FIND A BETTER WAY - CREATIVITY & INNOVATIONDemonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes. Generates new ideas in team settings.
WIN TOGETHER - COLLABORATIONAcknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals.
THINK GLOBALLY - GLOBAL PERSPECTIVEDemonstrates understanding of local cultural practices. Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
MAP THE FUTURE - STRATEGIC VISIONINGApplies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team's vision for the future. Ask questions to confirm how team priorities support UA's overall vision.
BUILD A GREAT TEAM - BUILDING TALENTSeeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates. Gives timely, specific feedback on performance tasks, goals, and developmental needs. Motivates Teammates by sharing team objectives that highlight opportunities and the impact of their work. Identifies and selects talent to meet business needs.
MAKE THE RIGHT CALL - INTEGRITY AND ETHICSActs in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
What have you accomplished already?
- BA/BSin Marketing or a related fieldand 3+ years in data analytics, or BA in like field with 5+ years experience
- Communicating data stories in written and verbal form to wide audiences of varying levels of sophistication
- 5+ years digital marketing experience with at least 2 years in a consumer analytics experience
- A working understanding of SEM, SEO, Email, Affiliate, Display, Retargeting, Paid Social, and Attribution
- Strong analytics skills with particular experience in modeling approaches (MMM, closed loop studies)
- Ability to form and test hypotheses and continuously iterate to drive efficiencies
- Certification in or extensive hands-on experience with DSPs, Social Media measurement methodologies and viewability platforms (MOAT, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Ads, etc.
- Dexterity with an advanced statistical package (e.g. R, SAS) a plus!
What else is important for you to know?
- Be a critical thinker and problem solver. Leverage insights and core business knowledge to identify the problems at hand and provide tangible steps to a resolution.
- Be a "self-starter" with the ability to work autonomously and efficiently with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to negotiate and partner creatively with our vendors - demonstrating an entrepreneurial attitude combined with a "win-win" approach.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, including a passion for working cross-functionally with Merchandising, Development, Creative, and User Experience.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, prepare and interpret reports, and communicate actionable results, findings, and recommendations.
- Knowledge of online and financial analytical skills, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to rapidly adapt to change and self-motivate in a results driven culture.
- Possesses a "humble and hungry", team player attitude that can contribute to the measureable skill set of a world-class interactive team.
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment.
Under Armour is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Under Armour depends solely on your qualifications.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.