Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
Golf Channel's Studio Supervisor will be responsible for front-line management of personnel, facilities, equipment, operations and technology at a premier location within the NBC Sports Group. Coordinate all technical and logistical requirements prior to air then be in the control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the production go as planned. The personnel responsibility will include: scheduling, performance management and development, critiquing individual projects and mentoring the staff. This person should have the ability to perform at an advanced operation level.
- Work with Directors and Producers on developing creative ways to integrate and use our operations equipment for Golf Channel studio produced shows
- Be present and on headsets during pre-production, production and post production to communicate/facilitate any and all issues regarding technical aspects or changes of the show
- Oversee the pre-show fax, attend pre-show meeting, and coordinate any necessary adjustments to crew assignments or schedules
- Coordinate and communicate with remote origination locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air
- Hold a post show meeting with crew and author a Studio Supervisor Report that summarizes the show, communicates any issues encountered, and recognizes any individual effort or performance that makes a significant contribution to the show.
- Mentor and train staff through example, workshops, and or seminars
- Communicate job expectations to staff through goal setting, monitoring, and appraising job performance while coaching, and counseling employees to meet expectations
- Interface with the Engineering department regarding equipment maintenance issues to rally support
- Perform periodic performance reviews to determine employee eligibility for, among other things, merit increases, promotional and transfer opportunities
- Maintain freelance depth by recruiting, selecting, and training employees
- Schedule, reconcile and report crew shifts, breaks and time off for staff and freelance employees
Additional Job Requirements