Procurement Manager - Technology
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business - including supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. The team maximizes the value and reach of the company's investments in external resources, including product materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to fuel business growth and sustainability.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike's relentless pursuit of product innovation and sustainable growth demands bold new ways of doing business - including supplier engagement. Stretching far beyond conventional sourcing, Nike Procurement secures the best supplier relationships to drive business success. The team maximizes the value and reach of the company's investments in external resources, including product materials, marketing services, digital tools, temporary labor, high-tech manufacturing equipment and other products and services to fuel business growth and sustainability.
As a Procurement Manager for Technology, you will be a part of a dynamic, high performing team of sourcing professionals supporting Nike's long-term technology-enabled initiatives. Based in Beaverton, OR, at Nike World Headquarters, you will partner with technology and business leaders to amplify the value Nike generates from its relationships with technology partners. You'll be a trusted member of a global team with the following responsibilities:
- Build trusting and meaningful relationships with senior executives across multiple business and technology functions
- Understand Nike's business needs and leverage data and market research to determine and enable strategic objectives.
- Perform deep market analytics and research to develop expertise across technology categories
- Activate and lead complex sourcing strategies and processes
- Analyze business proposals and align with long-term strategies
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers and internal stakeholders
You will advise and support Nike's business leaders during all phases of the sourcing life-cycle. You will master, communicate, and execute Nike's 7-Step Strategic Sourcing Process. You will measure value captured, report performance, engage Legal support, and execute sourcing initiatives using a suite of advanced sourcing and contract management tools. Spend analysis, risk management, contracting, cost savings methodology, performance reporting, stakeholder engagement, and proficiency with sourcing tools are integral to success.
You will lead an innovative hypothesis-driven process to create and manage enterprise-wide category strategies that bridge organizational boundaries and that span the globe. You will use your analytical and research skills to help develop and execute strategies to unlock supplier value, optimize demand, and improve both internal and external processes. The strategies you help to develop will touch every aspect of client-supplier interaction and will include approaches to improve supporting processes, procedures, and technologies at both a local and global level.
This growth opportunity will also give you the chance to interact, present, and influence senior leadership to gain support for key initiatives and strategies. In addition, you will work with counterparts around the globe to implement these strategies at a geographic level. You will be an agent of change and a vital contributor in Nike's quest to realize its full potential and to assist athletes* everywhere with realizing their full potential.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, finance, pre-law or related field with one year directly relevant work experience in Technology Procurement (IT outsourcing, hardware, software, XaaS, telecommunications, etc.)
- C.P.M., CPSM or a related certification is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret spend and cost data, research market trends, identify best practices, and manage supporting contract development activities
- Excellent communications and influencing skills
- General financial skills and knowledge, including understanding of Total Cost of Ownership
- Experience with an e-sourcing platform (Ariba experience preferred) and Enterprise Contract Management (ECM) tools preferred
- Ability to adapt quickly and make an impact in a rapid paced Procurement Organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications: including advanced level PowerPoint and Excel; intermediate level Word and Project.
- An ability to think Globally and work with an international culturally-diverse team
- Passion for the NIKE brand