Fitness Manager - San Francisco
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Equinox
Fitness Manager - San Francisco Overview
We are a company with integrated luxury and lifestyle offerings centered on Movement, Nutrition and Regeneration. In addition to Equinox, our other brands, Blink, Pure Yoga, SoulCycle, Furthermore, and Equinox Hotels are all recognized for inspiring and motivating members and employees to maximize life. Within our portfolio of brands, we have more than 200 locations within every major city across the United States in addition to London, Toronto, & Vancouver.
We are passionate abouthigh performance livingand we practice what we preach - investing time in our own health and fitness.We believe that everyone has untapped potential within them and it takes adisruptive approachto unleash it. Wedream bigand don't settle for the status quo. Wesweat the details. We never accept less than110%tohelp each otherdeliver the Equinox experience and enable our members to get great results. We are obsessed with what's new, what's now,what's next. Never following, always leading, living ahead of the moment in fashion, culture and consumer behavior. We aren't just a company; we're a community vested in each other's success. We valuehumilityand ateam approachat every level of the company.
If you are a high performing individual who is passionate about winning and inspiring others then we are excited to discuss career opportunities with you.
Equinox is seeking Fitness Managersfor our state-of-the-art locations inNorthern California.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the educational development of personal training staff and help facilitate the latest industry trends in fitness
- Lead new trainer "on-boarding" by teaching Equinox fitness assessment, program design, and five-star member service
- Co-lead sales support for personal training staff
- Lead "on-boarding" of new members and new personal training clients by developing strong customer service relationships
The successful candidate must have the following experience, skills and education:
- Minimum of 1-year managing a personal training department for a large health club
- Proven leadership ability in an educational, fitness or professional setting
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales and hit budgets/goals
- Enthusiastic, energetic, personable and friendly as well as passionate, intelligent and knowledgeable regarding the fitness industry.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- Degree in field preferred (ex: Exercise Science, Physiology, Kinesiology, Sports Management)
- Current national personal training certification
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Computer literacy
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
"Equinox will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (San Francisco Police Code, Article 49, Sections 4)."
The Grove San Francisco
San Francisco Opera