Dir Strategic Planning Global Brand
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Nike
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
The Jordan Brand, a wholly owned subsidiary of NIKE, Inc., began as a testament to one player: Michael Jordan. Over the past 30+ years, Jordan has grown into a $3B global business synonymous with pinnacle performance, sneaker culture, and an endless pursuit of greatness. While the brand's roots are in North America basketball, there are tremendous growth opportunities around the world and across genders, sport performance, and lifestyle.
The Director of Strategy for Jordan is responsible for managing and driving the strategic business planning process for this high-growth, global brand. Reporting to the Jordan CFO, this role manages a small team (1-2 direct reports) and works closely with all members of the Jordan Leadership team, including the President, GMs, and functional VPs, while also staying connected to the broader Nike strategy function. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating cross-functionally to develop long-term strategies and identify new and emerging opportunities based on consumer, marketplace, and competitive trends
- Developing 1- and 3-year strategic and business plans
- Independently leading workstreams and executing smaller projects across the various dimensions of the business
- Organizing and managing key strategic meetings
- Developing and managing tools, reports, and processes to facilitate and track execution against our strategic priorities
- Prior experience in strategy development and deployment
- Strong process and project management
- Outstanding executive communication skills, including the ability to deliver high-impact presentations on complex topics
- High EQ and strong influencing skills, with a successful track record leading virtual cross-functional teams
- Smart, creative problem solver
- Results oriented; a stand-out "can-do" attitude
- Intuitive strategic thinker while also comfortable with data/analysis
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Passion for consumer products and sport, with a strong consumer orientation
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; MBA or advanced degree is highly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years total experience (3 years post-MBA) in a relevant field (strategic planning, management consulting, investment banking, corporate/ business development). In lieu of a degree an additional 2 years of relevant experience is acceptable.
- Prior experience at a top tier management consulting firm and/or a Fortune 500/multinational company is preferred
- Advanced proficiency with Keynote, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Excel