Consumer Code Process Innovation Dir.
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. products enable and inspire human potential, and it's up to the Nike Product Management team to define, drive and perfect those products and experiences for consumers around the world. Product managers lead the creation process, manage product lines, and maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. Product Management employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. Whether it's basketball or skateboarding, apparel or footwear, one thing remains constant: the Product Management team delivers world-class products to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
In this leadership role you will be part of the core team at Nike leading process innovation to deliver robust, meaningful consumer experiences, at scale. We're a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We're looking for people who want to grow, think, dream and create. We seek achievers, leaders and visionaries.
As a Process Innovation Director, you will
- Lead re-engineering and refining enterprise-wide processes
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels to drive transformation projects that deliver excellence, speed, and agility
- Partner with Functional & Geography leaders to design, pilot, test, and implement process designs and supporting tools
This role requires a unique blend of real-world experience and theory, a passion for challenging "what we know to be true", and the ability to sell your vision with stories. The role is part craftsperson and part coach. You can sweat the details when needed and just as easily pull up to define the bigger picture. You will thrive on designing creative ways to engage teams and balancing clarity with simplicity.
You must be a self-starter, working flexibly and efficiently to fluidly adapt your approach to fit the project and team needs and constraints. You must be an outstanding communicator and comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- 6+ years professional experience leading process innovation in a large, complex retail organization (2 years additional experience in lieu of an advanced degree)
- Expertise in applying human centered design to inspire & facilitate teams to achieve bold, meaningful change
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, including ability to weaving together insights into a clear actionable plan and negotiate forward progress across teams
- Demonstrated ability to un-complicate the complicated
- Past success in creating high performance teams, inspiring and empowering them to achieve results
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across a broad set of stakeholder groupsand levels, including executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including making persuasive presentations to senior managers
- Standout "can do" attitude and enthusiasm to drive Nike forward
- Passion for product and sport
- MBA, consulting, & experience in a digital transformation preferred