Process Mgr, Marketplace Ops Strat. & Capabilities
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. knows how to sell sneakers. And apparel. And just about everything an athlete could need. The Nike Sales teams are the front line for getting these products into customer hands. Through sustained relationships with wholesale partners around the world - from a specialty store in Rome to a department store in midtown Manhattan - Nike Sales delivers the products, experiences and brand stories that define the brand. Nike's success begins with the best sales team in the industry, one that deeply appreciates the consumer, the marketplace, and the products.
Leads and drives the development, implementation, and management of strategies and capabilities we offer our APLA customers and consumers. Develops new and supports existing programs that align with industry standards. Partners with APLA Sales and Supply Chain,, and creates procedures and processes to ensure integrity, consistency, and timeliness of the MPO processes. Executes against MPO initiatives and business plans, and ensures goals are successfully achieved to promote competitive advantages and profitability.
Is responsible for APLA MPO business management activities including capability development, training strategy and deployment, process improvement and transition management strategies. Leads the creation of standardized, sustainable methodologies and documentation across all areas for our organization and stakeholders. Responsible for creating, delivering, and sustaining an environment of ongoing learning and development that impacts all Marketplace Operations team members. Advocates on behalf of APLA MPO as the business process expert in all Global/Strategic projects. Identifies and drives greater efficiency in areas across the order-to-cash process. Drives strategy deployment and transition management for APLA MPO and works closely with the business to manage all project resources and funding. Contribute to building the critical capabilities needed to support Nike's 2020 and beyond vision. Think strategically and provide input in the requirements and design process.
- Develops and deploys APLA Marketplace Operations Training/Onboarding Strategy (career path maps, competencies, training material, etc.)
- Drives development and deployment of capabilities in support of our Nike and team strategies
- Drives medium to large projects in collaboration with subject matter experts across APLA MPO
- Drives business process improvement efforts to ensure standardization, efficiencies and best practices are employed across Territories
- Leads creation of process and/or system documentation for key Order to Cash Processes - systems, business, and training
- Drives development of Transition Management function, strategies and standards; building Transition Management tools, templates and methodology for use across the Strategy and Capability team
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise to facilitate insights and best practices globally
- Team player who can partner with x-functional, x-geo and x-territory partners to ensure effective and efficient process and program execution
- Ensures collaboration to coordinate plans and drive business results, process excellence and capability development
- Collaborate with technical partners to develop realistic implementation/ project plans
- Key participant and developer of requirements, process mapping, and program documentation along with solution design
- Validate User Experience and functionality of systems throughout development
- Assess future global processes, identify gaps with APLA current state and mitigate gaps
- Leverage the SME network to test and validate the capabilities, track and incorporate feedback as necessary and drive Transition Management in Territory
- Develop and deploy transition management plan and training at each APLA go-live
- Provide support to teams in Territories for each release, and evolve the training and transition management plan as necessary based on learnings and feedback
- Drive APLA buy-in and alignment across all levels of MPO and Operations
- Develops and defines tools, training, and processes in support of efficient process design
- High tolerance for ambiguity and self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and seamlessly collaborate with engineering partners
- Exceptional listening, excellent written skills & high profile communication/storytelling skills
- Experience in aligning cross-cultural, cross-functional, and virtual teams
- Solid presenter and group facilitator
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to create trust among diverse personal styles
- Experience in business process mapping, requirement gathering, and typical deployment cycles.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in supply chain discipline or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years-total experience in Customer/Retail/Marketplace Operations or Supply Chain Operations/Consulting/Strategy, or a related field.
- Additional expertise in Order Management (Order Capture, Maintenance, Delivery, Order Status, etc.) and Marketplace Operational Strategy/Policies & Procedures is a plus
- SAFe. Agile or Scrum experience desirable