Sr Software Eng NDE, Launch Svcs
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
If you're ready to innovate and lead in the Digital space, join Nike's Digital Engineering organization. We bring together technology and process expertise to deliver one-stop solutions that enable Nike, Inc.'s digital products and services. We are responsible for creating, developing and deploying seamless, tailored and inherently social experiences to its Digital consumers. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not be just another job.
Scope and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a high performing Senior Software Engineer to play a critical role in the development of the Nike.com Launch platform to provide Nike's most passionate members and consumers access to our most coveted products.
In this role, you would be working as part of our Launch Services Fairness & Bots team responsible for maintaining our APIs involved in our Launch Platform. You will be instrumental in delivering quality services that enable a consistent, maintainable, and highly scalable Launch experience. As well as having a hand in ensuring integrity and fairness of each launch. Allowing every consumer an equal opportunity to purchase a shoe.
The successful candidate is strong technically with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- 5-7 years of software development experience
- Work in a highly collaborative environment where you'll be able to share ideas with other engineers, architects, product managers, and business stakeholders
- Deploy and support services in a distributed/cloud-based environment
- Work in a micro services architecture, use domain driven design and implement RESTful services using languages such as Java, Node.js or Scala
- Experience with NoSQL stores like Dynamo DB
- Work with AWS technologies like Elasticsearch, Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Redis, Redshift, EC2, DynamoDB and S3
- Continuously integrate, write unit tests, perform static code analysis, create automated integration and performance tests
- Work in an agile environment and scrum team
- DevOps for solutions
- Participating in on-call support for applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area