Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment
Brooklyn Nets, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes and records all operating expenses related activity across the organization to the general ledger
- Reconciles the balance sheet for related activity and records any required adjusting entries
- Prepares other journal entries as required;
- Performs bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations as assigned:
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for year-end audits;
- Analyzes internal processes; recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations;
- Other projects as assigned by the CFO, VP/Controller
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numerical data;
- Preference will be given to candidates with, or working towards, a CPA certification
- Prior experience with NetSuite Financial System a plus
- Must be able to understand and explain accounting principles, as well as understand financial statements;
- Must be highly ethical and discrete in order to respect, protect and maintain confidential/private information including company documents and records;
- Keen attention to detail, strong conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making skills are highly desired;
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, always acting in the best interest of their department and the company as a whole.
- Proven ability to create and maintain productive, positive relationships through strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to manage one's own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives;
May be required to travel on rare occasions (
The incumbent primarily works in an office environment, however, may be expected to attend games and other events taking place on weekends and holidays.