Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by ESPN
In this role, the Operations Coordinator uses technical background and practical experience to organize and coordinate operations and logistics relevant to ESPN-produced events. This individual is expected to acquire working knowledge of all phases of departmental operations through orientation and observation; familiarizes self with basic duties of other departmental personnel and performs functions of Operations Producer during vacations or at other times required. This role may travel to remote sites, as needed, on various sporting events.
This role will be supporting the ACC Network which is a new network collaboration between ESPN and the Atlantic Coast Conference. The network will launch in August 2019. Programming will air on a traditional linear network and live events will be featured on its digital platform, ACC Network Extra. More than 1300 events will air across these platforms annually. This position requires a leader with a proven track record of creativity and ability to work under pressure to deliver the highest quality content in a growing competitive media market. The Atlantic Coast Conference was established in 1953 and consists of 15 member institutions: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame (excluding football), Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest. ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.
- Provide support to the Operations Management in Bristol and at remote locations.
- Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with crewing department to ensure that personnel are hired properly.
- Create and maintain the Operations hotel list and work with Travel to ensure its accuracy.
- Place orders for equipment and supplies as requested. i.e. VIZ, C&S, ART etc.
- Oversee and carry out office functions at remote work sites.
- Receive and process invoices.
- Update financial tracking documents on the I Drive. Interface with the Program Finance Department to keep them apprised of location expenses and budgetary information pertinent to remote events.
- Evaluate freelance candidates for entry-level support positions for remotes. Booking the local runner and utility hires.
- Ensure all new hires and vendors complete corporate paperwork correctly and guide it through the system that will result in appropriate payment.
- Assist in arranging shipping between vendors and remote locations.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of technical equipment and systems.
- Assist the Operations Producer on survey distribution and remote maintenance.
- Must be willing to take calls after hours, and on nights and weekends.
- Ability to balance the day-to-day workload, along with helping to oversee day-of-air remote challenges.
- Typically, incumbent has at least one (1) year of related technical/operations and/or practical experience in Remote Broadcasting.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication.
- Has computer experience, with proficiency in Windows-based PC applications. Heavy use of Microsoft Excel.
- Willingness and ability to travel to domestic work sites.
- International Production experience
- Foreign language proficiency
- Microsoft Visio proficiency
- High School Diploma
- College or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.