Group Exercise Manager
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by EXOS
We're seeking a Group Exercise Manager to lead our fitness center.
As our new Group Exercise Manager you must:
- Design, delivery and management a of cutting edge group fitness programs that excites and encourages
- Recruit and hire creative, enthusiastic and educated instructors to lead a variety of classes
- Conduct performance evaluations/class audits of instructors on a regular basis.
- Support and facilitate continuing education by making staff aware of upcoming local events and encouraging groups of staff to participate in these events.
- Represent EXOS at group fitness conferences and tradeshows for networking and recruiting purposes.
- Host certification and continuing education workshops to promote continuing education among staff and to increase network of local instructors.
- Offer specialty training programs to staff, such as "choreography forums" to help promote team building and skill sharing.
- Mentor staff and members who are interested in learning how to teach group exercise and preparing them for the certification experience.
- Secure master classes with leading instructors, as well as promotes other Specialty Class (fee-for-service) group exercise programs to help drive revenue.
- Develop a successful fee-based Pilates Reformer program, including hiring and scheduling instructors.
- Assist with creation and communication of marketing materials related to all Group Exercise and Pilates offerings
- Track class attendance and report monthly statistics to General Manager and National Group Exercise Manager.
- Be the face of the Group Exercise program by maintaining regular communication with members, seeking input and responding to comment cards in a timely manner.
- Minimum of one year of experience actively leading successful group exercise classes
- Minimum of two years management experience
- Current nationally accredited group exercise certification (e.g. AFAA, ACE, ACSM, NETA)
- Instructors teaching licensed/branded formats (e.g. Zumba) must also be trained and licensed to teach those formats
- Current CPR/AED certification (First Aid certification is a plus)
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at :
Attention : People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Learn more here:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement