Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by In-Shape Health Clubs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct FITSTART sessions for new members
- Introduce members to the benefits of Personal Training
- Sell Personal Training Packages
- Work closely with the club Fitness Manager (FM) to monitor fitness activity and achievement of goals
- Achieve monthly sales goals for Personal Training and supplements. Review daily/weekly/monthly sales numbers with FM to identify opportunities and modifies sales plans and execution as needed to improve performance
- Ensure proper documentation of all Member personal training information: accurate, complete and updated in a timely manner
- Demonstrate In-Shape's "sales through service" philosophy
- Determine member/prospect goals, wants and needs; build rapport to customize sales presentation and client training programs
- Maintain fitness areas in a clean and orderly fashion by racking dumbbells and plates; picking up towels, newspaper and debris
- Recruit, hire and manage Personal Trainer performance in collaboration with the FM
- Ensure daily use of Sales System and successfully pass monthly fitness
- Fill in as a Personal Trainer in the event of a trainer no-show or as otherwise needed
- Work closely with Fitness Manager and club membership sales staff to ensure FITSTART booking targets are met
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Participate in the safe operation of the club including compliance with all safety regulations, proper use of all equipment, use of personal protection equipment, timely reporting of accidents or injuries, immediately communicating with the GM about unsafe working conditions and participating in safety training and inspections
- Lead an In-Shape lifestyle
- Participate in "Team Clean" process to pick up a variety of items from varies sections of the club (weights, towels, trash, etc.). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- Four-year degree in kinesiology, sports medicine, or other related field preferred
- Current or expired Personal Training certification from an accredited program required
- Current CPR/AED certification preferred
- 1-3 years supervisory or sales management experience required.
- Experience in marketing and selling services
- One-year Personal Training experience preferred
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 45 lbs.
- Basic writing and math skills, excellent communication skills, and MS Office
- Bilingual skills a plus
Work Environment/ Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, changes in temperature/humidity; moving mechanical parts and vibration and exercise equipment; frequently required to stand, walk 4-8hours/8 hour day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; and frequently use both feet and move them forward/backward and side to side; seldom required to sit; frequently to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and continuously reach and twist, including side-to-side movements; must continuously lift/move/carry 25 pounds; frequently lift/move/carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift/move/carry 51 or more pounds.