Global Process Mgr Inventory Planning
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Join our Demand and Supply Management team (DSM). As a Global Process Manager for Inventory Planning and Management (IP/IM), you will play a lead role in elevating and aligning functional best practices and manage the development and deployment of strategic capabilities through your partnership with Supply and Inventory Planning leaders across geographies, product engines and technology groups. You will play a key part in implementing our FY19-22 strategic initiatives through your expertise in project management, knowledge of effective industry best practices and energy to continuously elevate Inventory Planning and Management processes and capabilities.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Strong understanding of key Inventory processes, stakeholder dependencies and data flow with ability to bridge and directly work with technical development teams to support strategic initiatives.
- Leading critical strategic initiatives to evolve end to end Inventory planning and management capabilities including roadmap management, resource planning, deliverable tracking / escalation and presenting initiative objectives, progress and performance to key stakeholders.
- Developing the cross-functional and cross-geography relationships required to ensure effective and efficient process and project execution.
- Collaborating with internal and external business partners to develop realistic implementation and transition plans that are supported by the overall organization in order to enable strategic capabilities and processes.
- Learn root cause problem solving, ability to think "outside the box" and introduce new possibilities for effectively planning NIKE demand.
- Connecting subject matter experts to share insights and best practices around the world through facilitation of functional networks.
- Monitoring key planning metrics (i.e. DSI, Inventory, Unplanned, etc) to trigger planning process reviews that enable our ability to keep pace with evolving business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience in planning / analytics / logistics / distribution or other related field, preferably with a large corporate entity.
- Experience with project management methodology
- Experience building and implementing new capabilities with a proven track record of driving results across large, diverse, globally decentralized organizations
- Experience in aligning cross-cultural, cross-functional and virtual teams.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with NIKE partners at a functional, regional and global level.
- Strong leadership skills demonstrated by actively seeking information and listening to key stakeholders; understanding what needs to be achieved and influencing change where needed.
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively through strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and communicating complex concepts across different leadership levels.
- Ability to travel approximately 5-10 % of the time.