Global Procurement Analyst (WHQ)
Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc.'s storytellers, Marketing and Communication sets the brand tone. A creative force of specialists tell Nike's stories of innovation and sport through advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and product presentation. Using channels ranging from retail stores to social media, Marketing & Communication teams connect the science and art of Nike innovations to the hearts and minds of athletes around the world.
Global Brand Imaging (GBI) provides compelling product imagery and copy that elevates the Nike brand vision. To accomplish this, we leverage the power of modern technologies, skill-sets and onsite services. As part of our evolution, the Global Brand Imaging Product Procurement Team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented Global Procurement Analyst, to coordinate the on-going product procurement for photography. The ideal candidate will be customer obsessed and have broad experience working on global, cross-functional and Imaging programs. They will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership in delivering business results while working in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment. You will create, order, approve, monitor and report on the progress of product procurement for the production of Apparel, Equipment & Footwear for Nike internal clients (Nike.com, Global Sales). You will also assist in finding accurate product information for products that are apart of each global regional (Geo) digital buy. You will work directly with our Photography Studios, Global Merchandising, Nike Direct Digital Commerce and Global Brand Teams to better impact seasonal readiness and timely product launches. The Global Procurement Analyst will also assist other GBI team members with special projects and intake of seasonal adds and drops. You will also work closely with the GBI Logistic Team to plan and implement incoming and outgoing product processes.
You should be obsessed with contributing to the development of a high-performance culture through rigorous goal setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement. The successful candidate will be analytical, highly detail-oriented, exceptionally well organized, collaborative, have a positive attitude, take initiative, be a problem-solver and have excellent communication skills.
- Collect and analyze Global and Geo seasonal buys to place factory orders
- Manage in season ordering process from the Distribution Centers to cover seasonal coverage needs
- Partner with inbound to identify incoming product and liquidate seasonal product
- Partner with cross functional teams in Demand and Supply Management (DSM) to ensure timely delivery of products to ensure seasonal readiness
- Input/manage data from multiple data sources for planning tools, and reporting needs
- Maintain and enhance weekly, monthly, quarterly & yearly procurement productivity reports to key stakeholders
- Work with GBI IT team to inform business requirements to develop automated ordering process via Icon
- Develop strong working relationships with management and cross functional teams
- Track and resolve procurement issues using a variety of tools including Icon, Sterling, Prodigy, SAP and other proprietary Nike systems
- Work with and within several photo production workflows
- Successfully manage multiple priorities against business goals
- Drive process improvements develop metrics and best practices to measure success
- Train contractors as needed on systems and processes to assist with seasonal production
- Create, upload and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) on all relevant processes
- Process focused with an eye on continuous improvement opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain or related field
- 1-3 years' experience in photo production and product-sample management in a corporate environment.
- 2+ years additional experience in lieu of degree
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: must display patience, humor and helpfulness at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Self-motivated, results oriented and well organized
- Strong Nike product knowledge a plus
- Must be curious, fun and calm under pressure
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Familiar with SAP PO creation and maintenance
- Advanced asset management and CRM tools, such as Adobe Suite, Icon, Sterling, and Prodigy.
- Cognos or other reporting tools experience preferred but not required
- Able to successfully manage multiple priorities against business goals
- Ability to problem-solve in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of photography production preferred but not required
- Experience working in a creative environment, ideally in a photo studio