Account Executive- Phildelphia
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by NBC Sports Group
An Account Executive will be responsible for selling sponsorship agreements for NBC Sports Philadelphia including but not limited to the Philadelphia Flyers of the NHL, the Philadelphia Flyers SkateZone and the Wells Fargo Center. Each entity has a variety of sponsorship elements available including signage, TV, radio, digital, interactive, in-game promotions and features and others as developed. In addition, an Account Executive will also be responsible for soliciting TV schedules for the Philadelphia 76ers of the NBA, Philadelphia Phillies of the MLB and all programs on NBC Sports Philadelphia and NBC Sports Philadelphia+. Each Account Executive will assist in generating a budget for their business based off of current clients and new business goals. The performance of an Account Executive will be evaluated on their ability to achieve these revenue goals.
- Sell advertising for all entities including signage, TV, digital and radio.
- Sell hospitality and promotional programs for all entities.
- Solicit event sponsorships for the Wells Fargo Center: including Family Show events, College Basketball and other events as booked.
- Sell TV advertising for the Flyers, Sixers, Phillies and NBC Sports Philadelphia/NBC Sports Philadelphia+.
- Track activity and opportunities on a regular basis.
- Prospect for clients and achieve ten (10) sales calls per week.
- Ability to work game and event days including nights and some weekends.
- Ability to attend Networking Events.
- Meet and exceed defined service standards of excellence.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience, preferably in a sports/media or advertising environment.
- Effective telephone, computer and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays on occasion.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Internal applicants must submit via the NBCU Career Opportunity System.
- Experience selling in the digital space
- Strong presenter with sales experience
- Knowledge of Sales Force and Wide Orbit
- Knowledge of Philadelphia sports landscape