Performance Management Director
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Nike
Always the innovators, Nike, Inc.'s Manufacturing and Engineering team dreams up new ways to make better-performing products faster and more efficiently. This world-class team challenges assumptions about how Nike's products are made and leads the company in pursuing ambitious sustainability goals, all while producing Nike's rich mix of product. Masters of teamwork, Manufacturing and Engineering works closely with design teams, categories, manufacturing partners, material suppliers and logistics providers across more than 40 countries on six continents. They navigate the complex geopolitical world with multiple supply chains and diverse ecosystems, while keeping their focus on manufacturing, materials, sustainability and creating quality products.
As the GSM Performance Management Director in the GSM COE you will own the Key Performance Indicators for GSM, and will lead efforts to elevate Performance Management as a critical business capability. This will include defining the appropriate metrics to review business performance within GSM as a whole and its individual functions. This will require partnership with functional leaders to implement their own internal KPIs and review processes, and with the Data & Analytics team to develop the tools to report and track against them. You will use your business knowledge to help explain performance and call out relevant issues for leadership attention. You will lead a team of Performance Management professionals to govern the GSM KPIs and evolve them as our business changes. The Performance Management Director will also play a key role in the roll out of the new Strategic Sourcing Framework. Their team will own the governance and reporting of both the Manufacturing and Capability Indices, and will be instrumental in defining the processes that enable performance management. The Performance Management Director will create a pull for the expertise of their team to advise on how to measure business performance and the impact of project implementations on it.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years relevant work experience in Performance Management, S&OP, Planning, Finance, or related field
- Proven ability to define and manage Key Performance Indicators within large teams
- Knowledge of NIKE planning metrics and how they represent the health of the business
- Experience defining, implementing, and running governance structures and processes
- Understanding of relevant visualization and reporting tools
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and self-motivation
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and changing demands
- Continuous improvement mindset, always looking for how things can be done better
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership identity to bring a unique point of view to leadership discussion