Category Communications Mgr, Global Sportswear
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Communications team develops, establishes and strengthens authentic connections with diverse audiences through the lens of innovation and sport. The team creates premium and innovative brand stories, builds and enhances corporate reputation and brand equity, and engages audiences such as consumers, media, athletes, investors, non-governmental organizations and Nike's own employees. The team focuses on information, inspiration and connection to accelerate the growth of Nike, Inc. Communications employees ignite conversations, envision the possibilities, and influence and deliver new levels of creative and strategic thinking to advance the brand around the world.
The Global Communications Manager for Nike Sportswear will play a key role in developing Nike's communications efforts around the world, creating content and experiences that help Nike reach new audiences. In addition to being a part of the Nike Sportswear's communications team, the role will help redefine, cultivate, and develop expressions of sport and style. An effective candidate must have a passion for or connection to sport and storytelling. The team member should also be proactive, creative, and solutions-oriented. Good judgment and a thorough understanding of the media landscape are essential.
As a key member of Nike's Global Communications Team, the individual will work closely with Communications peers across all Nike categories, and as part of Nike's integrated marketing offense. The team member will also contribute to global and regional media events when necessary, as well as support media and train and staff Nike spokespeople (designers, athletes, etc.) when appropriate. The role oversees all tasks that support the day-to-day category operations including product ordering and the organization of messaging, photography, and video assets. An effective candidate will be expected to develop and cultivate key relationships and work well in a cross-functional, cross-geographical, and cross-category matrix organizational structure.
At Nike, the Global Communications function establishes and strengthens authentic connections with audiences around the globe, through the lens of innovation and sport. We are passionate about premium and innovative brand stories. The position requires a candidate who has a thorough foundation in writing, editing, and content creation. Candidate should have experience developing communications across multiple platforms, including print, web, audio, video, mobile, and social media.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Business, or related discipline
- 5+ years' experience in high profile Editorial, Corporate Communications or Communications role supporting and/or covering globally branded organizations, either in agency or in-house
- Knowledge of sports culture, footwear or apparel industry
- Deep understanding of the evolving digital landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge in style, streetwear and/or youth culture
- Experience working with product, footwear, or apparel
- Experience working with high profile influencers, brand spokespeople, and athletes
- Experience with the content creation process (photography, videography, and writing) while creating narrative arches to support storytelling process