Dir Membership Program Management, America
Posted on Nov 12, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Retail Corporate is the backbone to stores around the world. A global network of teams - Finance, Human Resources, Talent Development, Marketing, Merchandising, Real Estate and Strategic Planning - direct the daily operations of Nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores. Retail Corporate teams share the same passion and energy for the brand as their in-store teammates, and it shows: Retail continues to be one of Nike's top areas of growth.
Nike's Consumer Direct Offense is designed to serve the athlete faster and more personally, at scale, led by digital. With focused growth through key categories, this new offense will connect the NIKE Brand and products with consumers in new and more powerful ways. At the heart of the Consumer Direct Offense is Nike's new membership program that will provide member-only access to the products and experiences members love, matched to their individual preferences and behavior patterns. Our mission is to create the world's most distinctive membership program that accelerates consumer connections while driving growth and profitability for the Nike Brand.
The Role: We are looking for a leader to join the North America Membership team in the newly created role of Director, Membership Program Management. This leader will drive member benefit forecasting and planning across physical and digital channels, operationalize new benefits across NA functional teams, and integrate member benefit planning into primary NA planning processes. This leader will plan, source, track and optimize benefit inventory leveraging the go to market Gameplan process and cross functional teams-bringing discipline and foresight to our benefit planning process as well as strong program management competencies, all to drive an operationally effective membership program in our largest market and to meaningful relationships with NA members at scale.
Ideal backgrounds for this role include leaders with expertise in driving forecasting, planning, and operations across digital and B+M channels. Candidates should have a good understanding of technology and process improvement methods, as well as the ability to effectively communicate strategy, requirements and capabilities to cross functional teams. The right candidate will have the ability to consistently deliver impact while maintaining strong cross-functional partnerships. We are looking for candidates who thrive in fast paced and complex environments and who can create structure from ambiguity, with a desire to be at the center of a massive transformation of Nike's digital and direct capabilities. Flexibility, drive, and communication capabilities will be critical characteristics for this role.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Design and execute benefit inventory management approach and process to serve NA members at scale with meaningful benefits
- Execute sourcing, tracking and forecasting for the NA Membership team in partnership with cross functional teams across Merchandising, Strategic Partnerships, Business Planning and Operations
- Integrate membership benefit planning into key NA Gameplan milestones and processes to deliver member benefits that teams can bring to market
- Operationalize and project manage new benefits to market
- Identify processes and activities to improve how we manage the NA Membership program
- Drive progress with stakeholders across the matrix
- Lead & coach one direct report (NA Benefit Planning Manager) to maximize impact of the Program Management team
Success for this role requires the establishment of a best-in-class membership program in North America.
- 8-12 years relevant experience; supply chain and/or inventory management in a retail environment is highly preferred
- Education in Business Management, Business Strategy, Economics or Finance
- Proven track record of influencing leaders and teams to drive business process improvements for loyalty/membership programs or digital commerce and technology at major global companies
- Deep understanding of the landscape of membership programs and the drivers of commercial and operation success
- Strong program management experience
- Experience with digital commerce & content platforms is a plus