Coordinating Marketing Video Editor
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by ESPN
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Control, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Media Operations, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Coordinating Video Editor will support both brand and ad partner creative executions across Sales and Marketing via their expert video editing and creative design skills. This individual will be experienced in understanding key facets of marketing, how to develop a campaign, storyboard, design and execution from conception to completion on non-linear Adobe platforms with a specialty in short form narrative storytelling. A creative and strategic thinker, this person will be able to guide, mentor and collaborate with key stakeholders across our business while executing expert level creative.
- Demonstrates leadership & expert operating skills, which may include high profile video editing and graphic creation, media management, broadcast routers, archival media, restore and ingest systems, After Effects, Photoshop. Must be able to perform under strict timelines with little supervision.
- Conducts the highest level of quality control measuring and takes corrective action to enhance the product/content.
- Make recommendations, as necessary, to change and/or enhance departmental SOP's and other policies.
- Highly developed knowledge of broadcast, digital and social methods, workflow, equipment, facility layout and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments.
- Edit a wide range of assignments and equipment within the edit environment as indicated by the job title.
- Identify problems, recommend solutions and/or resolve operational errors and equipment failures.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation. Also expected to participate in the training of others and generate training documentation. Will influence training programs and timelines for staff development.
- Organizational, efficiency, communication and planning skills are required.
- Document and/or file reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, at the request of management.
- Take the lead role and/or oversee special events, productions, projects as necessary.
- Advanced understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration in Production Operations. Communicates in a wide audience of vested stakeholders from other departments and external clients.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, manage simultaneous projects, and follow through on assignments.
- Lead change initiatives, share work experiences and offer solutions and/or training to complex workflow or system challenges.
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and resolutions.
- Interact with counterparts in Operations and closely related support departments.Provide exceptional service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- A minimum of six years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television.
- Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Adobe Suite (AE, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- DaVinci Resolve
- MayaBilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design or related field.
- Vocational School or related experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we're doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.