Posted on Nov 21, 2018 by Nike
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world's largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
As our Intermediate Product Engineer, you will be a key member of the team, working with the business and its stakeholders to provide them with new solutions, enhancements and support to various technology solutions. This includes engineering integration links, data logic applications, testing and process automation system, and/or customization of key applications and vendor software packages as needed. Your ability to understand requirements and drive meetings toward results is critical in this role, as is your general written and verbal communication skills.
As a successful Intermediate Product Engineer, you'll have the following analytical and/or technical skills:
- Ability to successfully elicit from appropriate business partners all forms of requirements (e.g. functional, performance, usability, compliance, regulatory, technical)
- Ability to take complex real world problems, understand and communicate them and translate them into feasible solutions
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Lean/Agile delivery environment
- Consultancy approach to your work
- Commitment to collaborate with subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Able to develop technical solutions based on requirements from business units, technology teams and support teams
- Take pride in your work, showing high attention to detail and build quality at the beginning of the development process
You'll work on developing and implementing automated services to test end to end applications to enable capability requirements for our business partners. This work will be for our Enterprise Finance Solutions Team. You will also work on small to medium size projects in related areas. You will collaborate with Solution Directors, Product Managers, Product Owners, Enterprise and System Architects, and various Scrum Team partners to deliver technical solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, or other relevant subject area preferred
- 2 years of professional experience
- Prior experience in supporting and developing with various technical systems - IBM Cognos/TM1, Java, AWS, Docker, Teradata, SAP, Swift, banking integrations, HTML, etc.
- Experience working as a Product Engineer or Business System Analyst or System Analyst on multiple projects and business functions, in both large (1-year+ projects and small projects of >3 months) required
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to translate business functionality and opportunities into clear, precise and easy-to-read functional specifications is critical required
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals required
- Growing ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions including working within virtual and globally disbursed teams required
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment required
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting) required
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical IT teams required
- Lean experience with applied principles and methods preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours required
- Ability to pass a 7 year background investigation required.