Group Fitness Manager
Posted on Nov 18, 2018 by Equinox
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Group Fitness Manager to join the team in Parmaus, NJ. This is a great position for a candidate looking to make a significant impact in a growing and dynamic organization.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising the group fitness staff and operations of the group fitness program to ensure the highest level of programming and customer service
- Assisting the club in achieving its overall goals
- Recruiting, hiring, training, motivating, directing, coaching and evaluating group fitness instructors and classes
- Ensuring that the group fitness studios are well maintained
- Ensuring a high level of member participation in the group fitness program
- Maintaining monthly payroll expenses and supply expenses at or below budget
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Must possess current CPR and national group fitness certification
- Minimum of 3-year experience as a group fitness instructor
- Be an enthusiastic and friendly leader with the ability to recruit, hire, direct and train staff
- Excellent communication, problem solving, time management, organizational and follow-up skills are essential
- Management experience is required
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.