Head of Merch, Stephen Curry
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by Under Armour
Under Armour, via our dominating sports performance brand position, has built a strong foundation for both domestic and global growth in the coming years. At the core of this strong foundation, is the team sports athlete and consumer, whose loyalty to our brand has given Under Armour permission to expand and grow.
The Head of Merchandising - SC will assist with developing an SC brand across multiple sport categories. This individual will focus on creating a merchandising strategy to drive the SC signature business and respective category extensionsacross footwear, apparel andaccessories, as well as strategic approach to distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all aspects of Merchandising for SC.
- Owns line architecture and accountable for SKU productivity and line efficiency.
- Partners with product teams to set the season and merchandising strategies.
- Expert on the marketplace to anticipate and create the next trend and movement for SC.
- Leads the globe on product segmentation, channel differentiation, assortments, and go-to-market strategies for the regions.
- Works closely with Product Line Management, Marketing, Planning and Sales to effectively drive sales, create a great customer experience, and increase market share.
- Responsible for setting initial price bands and promotional guardrails.
- Shares accountability for Global Revenue, SKU productivity, and sell-through for the SC business.
- Ensures Brand vision and SC Product stories are being told consistently across the globe.
- Develops strategic planning road map for product trends and opportunities.
- Communicates vision, inspires performance, and develops talent across Merchant teams.
- Consolidates feedback from markets and channels, both qualitative and quantitative, into actionable follow-up for Product teams.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant merchandising experience in a fast-paced, product-oriented, consumer-driven company, can show proven career growth and increased responsibility.
- BA required, MBA preferred but not mandatory.
- An undeniable fit within our culture, values, and work ethic.
- A best-in-class approach to merchandising. Expertise in Basketball or Signature Athlete business.
- A sincere and contagious passion to take the brand to new levels.
- Deep subject matter knowledge of merchandising.
- Strong and proven relationships across functional lines. A great partner.
- Dynamic leader and influencer who can thrive and rise in a rapidly changing, matrixed environment.
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency.
- Ability to listen, to discern and to respect the beliefs of team mates.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.