Global Compliance Process Dir.
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Nike
The Nike, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accountants, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide - making the impossible happen every single day.
Provide strategic leadership and execution of Nike's Global Customs Compliance process maintaining NIKE's high level of compliance in support of customs clearance speed. Facilitate direction alignment across Geos and Territories.
- Provide leadership to Nike's Global Customs Community in Compliance Strategy & Operations.
- Drive the framework for our best in class trade compliance program, processes and internal controls. Leverage Nike's E2E Product, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Finance processes to optimize compliance efficiency and cost.
- Drive the standardization of Nike's Global Customs processes keeping them simple and clean while insuring NIKE can execute imports in all countries required, including our corner cases.
- Contribute expertise to the Global Import Program definition,
- Includes the Global Import, Export and STP processes ongoing. Once the Global Import/Export program is complete, this role will be responsible to maintain process integrity, lead the intake and prioritization process for changes needed
- Insure SOP's are in place in support of a compliant process
- Work with Nike Technology to deliver process changes as needed
- Lead the FTA factory compliance relationship
- Drive the Global Customs Compliance Program including self assessments, testing and follow up
- Manage unusual shipments process needs executing through Geos/Territories as needed
- Facilitate Nike's Customs relationships with Brokers on behalf of Countries of Import through Nike's approval process
- Strategic thinking and ability to solve problems creatively in a face paced environment
- Leadership, ability to motivate and influence a global virtual network as well as own team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen well, simplify issues & communicate them clearly
- Team player with ability to collaborate x-functionally, x-Geography, & with Technology partners
- Good decision maker with sound judgment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, International Trade or related area, master's degree preferred
- 8+ years experience in management/leadership role
- Extensive experience in the customs & International Trade industry (including import/export policy and processes, customs and government agency & audit management, project management, supply chain experience related to product flow techniques). Experience/exposure in multiple countries preferred
- Proven ability to work cross functionally, cross culturally, with virtual teams to build strong relationships
- Track record of building new ways of thinking, developing and implementing processes, process improvement, and leading change
- Extensive industry connections with excellent working relationships and professional respect
- Experience with bid process management
- Proven success in hiring and developing a team of diverse individuals