Fitting Van Specialist
Posted on Nov 20, 2018 by Pga Tour Superstore
The Fitting Van Specialist is a champion of the PGA TOUR Superstore 'Customer First' philosophy, and provides a world-class experience aligned with our Mission Statement: "Inspire People to Play Their Best, and Grow the Game" to each and every customer. The Fitting Van Specialist is a specialized position, providing a unique fitting experience utilizing an assortment of technology, fitting components, and fitting techniques that are incremental to what is offered through our free club fitting service. The Fitting Van Specialist is expected to maximize the customer experience by keeping work areas clean, organized, and in stock, ensuring fitting technologies are in working order, and by using personality and expertise to convey information to the customer in a respectful manner that is easy to understand. They expand their industry knowledge by learning about our products from our vendors, industry websites, and other associates. The Fitting Van Specialist will utilize expert product knowledge to make effective equipment recommendations, and to drive incremental sales.
Education: The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a G.E.D. or high school diploma. Original Equipment Manufacturing Training; Vendor training certification a plus.
Experience : Three to five (3-5) years of club fitting and golf equipment sales experience preferred. Skills:
Ability to implement established/proven fitting principles, while utilizing new or advanced fitting technology.
- Ability to apply an understanding of ball flight principles in order to evaluate a customer's
- Ability to identify and describe the characteristics of club components and their impact on ball flight, the golf club fitting process, and the various fitting tools commonly found in the industry.
- Effective teacher/trainer that is able to work with associates, helping them learn fitting skills and techniques.
- Communication: Strong listening and interpersonal skills. Candidates must possess good verbal and written communication skills, and communicate well with other associates in order to execute company initiatives.
- Analytical: Candidates must have good business skills and be able to develop solutions to common problems. They must be able to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase sales and improve operational processes.
- Computer: Candidates must possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet. Candidates must be able to learn scheduling software, simulator software, and basic reports functions.
- Organization: Candidates must be able to organize multiple priorities and accomplish
several tasks throughout their shifts, all while providing excellent services to customers.
D. Physical Requirements: Fitting Van Specialists must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb up and down a ladder, move around the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
E. Other: The Fitting Van Specialist must be able to accommodate a typical retail schedule, work a flexible work week, and work nights, weekends, and holidays. Occasional travel may be required for company-initiated continuing education, or for the purpose of assisting in new-store set up and training.
The Fitting Van Specialist's top priority is to ensure that every customer receives world-class customer service while creating a unique and fun shopping experience.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Provide outstanding customer service by greeting and acknowledging every customer, aiding
customers by listening to their needs and responding with applicable solutions found within our Service offerings and merchandise selection.
- Execute a specialized fitting experience, providing a unique illustration of specialty golf club components that are available from key vendor partners.
Assess each customers' needs by determining their level of play, and then find the most effective product for them.
- Educate customers on club and ball technology, club components, and related fitting techniques, so that purchase decisions can be made according to desired results and realistic performance expectations.
- Teach and train other associates on fitting techniques and product/set makeups.
- Address customer concerns and resolve them to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain a high level of product and industry knowledge.
- Complete work lists and bulletin directives on a timely basis.
- As directed, in order to create and maintain visual merchandising consistency: assisting with floor moves, implementing merchandising standards, display maintenance.
- Walk the work area(s) daily to correct issues, ensure implementation of merchandising standards, maintain a clean and safe shopping environment and suggest improvements to the Services supervisor.
- Adhere to approved loss prevention programs that minimize inventory shrinkage and support the sales/profitability of the store; provide feedback to store leadership on loss prevention issues/opportunities as needed.
JOB RELATIONSHIPS: The Fitting Van Specialist shall work in partnership with all store associates and the store leadership team to provide an exceptional shopping experience and execute company directives.
We comply with all laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status. Employment discrimination isn't just unlawful, it violates our policies and is not who we are. Every associate at every level in the organization is prohibited from engaging in any form of discrimination.
An associate who believes s/he is being discriminated against should report it immediately to the Human Resources department. The law and our policies prohibit retaliation against anyone for making such a report.